How Often Do You Shoot? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How Often Do You Shoot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I try to get out every weekend and hunt or shoot. Right now I am finishing up coaching my sons football team, 3 weeks left if we make to the Toy Bowl. I will hunt and shoot every weekend during the winter. I reload too, it's nothing to burn 100 rnds. I feel real good about my ability to shoot and hit a target but I zombie train.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #22

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
I try to get out every weekend and hunt or shoot. Right now I am finishing up coaching my sons football team, 3 weeks left if we make to the Toy Bowl. I will hunt and shoot every weekend during the winter. I reload too, it's nothing to burn 100 rnds. I feel real good about my ability to shoot and hit a target but I zombie train.
A zombie range would be awsome

Old 10-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #23

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I know people who spend hours on shooting ranges every week. Many of these gun owners know very little about using any firearm. The number of firearms owned has nothing to do with the art of hitting a target.

When I see a man with a well worn handgun in an old belt and holster that is worn every day that is impressive. It is not about the rounds fired or guns owned. It is about being familer with the gun you carry.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #24

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I shoot at least once a week and usually a couple hundred rounds. Normally I shoot my 1911 and my 642 as those are the two that I have with me the most often. I feel confident that I could defend myself if it came to it, but there is only one way to know for sure and I don't ever want to be tested. I happen to be fortunate enough to have had some training and I get to shoot with several LEO's and a couple Fed's. They have all helped me in some way.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #25

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I get pretty busy, but I make a point to get out at least once every two weeks.

-Matt

Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

If I was kidless, I would go Everyday after work. I'm not though. I just try to go when I can once or twice a month for a few hours. More when on vacation or freshening up with hunting firearms

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #27

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I shoot once a week, and am very familiar with my guns, both in terms of function and accuracy (all long guns). I keep them un-loaded and all ammo is secure. I don't have them for self defense, they are for target shooting and hunting.

I am not planning for the end of the world or any of that BS. People that think they need firearms for self defense in this country tend to creep me out. If you live in an unsafe area, move. If you suffer from zombie delusions, please sell your firearms and seek help!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I shoot once a week, and am very familiar with my guns, both in terms of function and accuracy (all long guns). I keep them un-loaded and all ammo is secure. I don't have them for self defense, they are for target shooting and hunting.

I am not planning for the end of the world or any of that BS. People that think they need firearms for self defense in this country tend to creep me out. If you live in an unsafe area, move. If you suffer from zombie delusions, please sell your firearms and seek help!
surely you are not serious? unsafe areas? exactly where is this located? this isn't the 1950' or the even the 1960's anymore. crime happens in rural areas also. there was an elderly man shot and killed and robbed in our area a several years ago by some teenagers, and i live in a rural area. yes, i keep several firearms for protection so i guess i would creep you out! IMO, you are a stastitic waiting to happen and maybe you need to sell your firearms and give up your man card in the process.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #29

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

surely you are not serious? unsafe areas? exactly where is this located? this isn't the 1950' or the even the 1960's anymore. crime happens in rural areas also. there was an elderly man shot and killed and robbed in our area a several years ago by some teenagers, and i live in a rural area. yes, i keep several firearms for protection so i guess i would creep you out! IMO, you are a stastitic waiting to happen and maybe you need to sell your firearms and give up your man card in the process.
True that, most firearm owners dont dream of puppies and kittens. We live in the real world where shtf everyday. Theres not enough preperation imo to be ready, just gotta use what you know and hope its good enough

Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #30

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
I know people who spend hours on shooting ranges every week. Many of these gun owners know very little about using any firearm. The number of firearms owned has nothing to do with the art of hitting a target.

When I see a man with a well worn handgun in an old belt and holster that is worn every day that is impressive. It is not about the rounds fired or guns owned. It is about being familer with the gun you carry.
Beware the man with one gun. He likely knows how to use it.
I have one handgun.