Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How much would a WWII Mauser be worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How much would a WWII Mauser be worth?

I have a world war 2 nazi Mauser 7.9mm. It was left to me when my grandfather died and I assume that he got it during the war. I am not necessarily looking to sell it so I didn't want to list it under the for sale column. I have only shot it a few times and it wouldn't make a very good deer gun. Mostly because it has a metal butt on it and is very uncomfortable to shoot but is otherwise really accurate. I also wonder if the metal butt is for bashing skulls or something because it seems rather out of place if not.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

An answer to your question is impossible without pictures and much more info such as what markings does the gun have, what condition is the metal, wood, and bore in, etc. Mitchells Mausers sells excellent grade arsenal refinished WWII K-98 Mausers for $299 - 399. Your's may be worth more even with signs of wear depending on where it was made, proof marks, nazi markings, serial number, etc.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Original, matching, Kar 98k rifles bring quite a bit these days. Typically, much more than the Russian Capture and other refurb rifles bring. Like 357mag indicated, posting the markings and some clear pictures will enable folks to give you the information you are asking for.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov