Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How Much Do You Spend On X-MAS....... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-much-do-you-spend-x-mas-52298/)

LONGHAIR 11-23-2011 05:25 PM

How Much Do You Spend On X-MAS.......

How much money do you spend on all of your Family and Friends ???...I know...To Much !!!!!..:eek:.............

c3shooter 11-23-2011 06:13 PM

Hard to say, as I do my shopping throughout the year. Got my lady a nice silver/turquoise necklace when I was on the Navajo Reservation this year, one grandson that likes knives had his present put away in July (gunshow) One has a stash of books. Just picked up a sweet little 22 and a 410 that will make two kids happy. Our 4 adult kids usually get cash and a card for the local grocery, a bottle of wine and a night's babysitting.

I don't do Black Fridays (but DO plan on being in a deer blind with a .308, seeking to earn Bambi's trust)

winds-of-change 11-24-2011 06:41 AM

In our family, we don't spend much at all. Usually no more than $100/person.

aandabooks 11-24-2011 03:36 PM

Depends on the cash situation at Christmas time. I refuse to go into credit card debt to fund a holiday. I have 3 kids and a limited # of immediate family to buy for. Usually $700 for everything will cover it.

fireguy 11-24-2011 04:19 PM

My wife and I only buy stuff for our stockings each year, and get something for the house instead. One year it was a new dishwasher, last year is was new front doors, etc. It does take a pretty good hunk of money to get good stocking stuffers, though. I can get a couple hundred in her stocking easily if I get jewelry, which she really likes. For our boys it is usually a couple hundred unless there is something special one of them wants. We got the youngest a trap drum set a couple years ago that cost a chunk but is worth it for him to practice on. A good bike now costs a few hundred unless you get a Kmart special that won't last very long.

firedawg60 11-24-2011 04:23 PM

We kind of go hog wild at Christmas. The wife and I usually get what we want (got me a Mossberg 500 sp!! :)) and she's getting more that what I got in the Mossy.

Other than that we spend the rest on kids and family. So I can't really put a dollar figure on what we do. But I do say I have a pretty thrifty wife and she doesn't really spend like crazy through the rest of the year, that's why we cut loose now.

mrm14 11-24-2011 04:38 PM

I only spend for gifts on nieces and nephews or grand kids. A couple of inexpensive things for them each at best. Adults get nothing. Don't think I've spent over $200.00 for quite a few years on gifts. Do spend another $150.00 or so though for Christmas day dinner and scoobie snacks. Always good eats at my house on Christmas day.

MrWray 11-24-2011 04:46 PM

More than i can normally afford, but ill do whatever it takes to make sure my kids have a great day