Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > how many of y'all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sue doesn't sleep walk anymore. Make no mistake either, if it's someone who looks like they could be a kid, even in the limited ambient lighting, I would likely hesitate long enough to identify. It simply goes with being positive of your target and what's beyond it.

In all actuality, I don't WANT to shoot ANYONE in my home. The blood stains would be a total bitch to clean. If I can scream at an intruder, and they skedaddle, they're welcome to run as far and fast as their legs can carry them. I'd even allow them to leave if they're disobeying my commands to hit the deck, if it's obvious they're going for the door. I know that's a scenario that's been hashed out time and again, but my opinion is, I've had my fill of killing. I'm not a hard as nails Billy bad ass like I give the impression of, and like some people here pretend to be. I AM generally rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. If I could go my whole life, and never have to participate in violence ever again, I'll be happy as a pig in ****.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #22

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We live in a very high crime town. But Patty used to be a teacher in the Emotional and Behavior Disorder Room at the high school, so all her gang banger, convicted felon, former students have basically place our house on the "don't F@@@ with them or you deal with us" list. But if some one was stupid enough to actually be in the house when she "hears something" at night, they can expect to be introduced to more than a few .40S&W hollow points. If they should happen to live through that they will meet up with the nine pound Pekingese who severally dis-likes people messing with her Mommy and Daddy. You can keep your 100 pound guard dogs, that little thing will tear your tail up.

Jim Richards
Minnesota Based Field Man for Alkali International Corp.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #23

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

And you like to get naked in bed and play with firearms. Humm? The Dr. can see you now.

nut-dr..jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #24

Oh crap, not the ankles!! Lol!

Seriously though, I wonder sometimes. I know some members live in higher crime areas, and may have a multi story home, or a detached garage, utility shed, or shop, and I wonder how those people would handle it. I know in the Marines, it would be considered suicide to try and clear such a place on your own.

I think I personally would create a rally point in a safe area of the home for the whole family to hole up in, and to hell with the rest of the property until the cops arrive.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
And you like to get naked in bed and play with firearms. Humm? The Dr. can see you now.
No...when I'm naked in bed, I play with...jeez, never mind... y'all don't need to know all that!

How would you handle it? You have a pretty big place, don't you? And don't you also have a certain other factor to consider when something goes bump in the night? Not trying to call you out with your condition, but as an amputee with a... didn't you say you have a multi story home and decent sized property? What's your tactic for staying safe in a home invasion? Do you sleep with your prosthetic on? Forgive me if I'm getting too personal. The biggest physical obstacle I have is being a fat ass.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #26

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

I just use my pistol to get to my baseball bat.

Let's recap: You've broken into my home, woken me up

in the middle of the night, and now I'm pissed off, sneaking up

on you in the dark with a Louisville Slugger.

BTW, I will drag you outdoors, to bleed in the street. The Janitors with

Glocks can have you, then...

Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #27
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2844 Times on 1948 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Interesting thread.

Glad i don't sleep in the buff...

We have discussed this, and assuming anyone who breaks in gets past the 82 pound Bulldog in the front room,...you know the rest...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Interesting thread.

Glad i don't sleep in the buff...

We have discussed this, and assuming anyone who breaks in gets past the 82 pound Bulldog in the front room,...you know the rest...
That's an option I'm seriously considering. I don't just want a dog, a dog makes a house a home. The early warning system is just a plus.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #29
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2844 Times on 1948 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

That's an option I'm seriously considering. I don't just want a dog, a dog makes a house a home. The early warning system is just a plus.
We didn't get him for his Teeth! We rescued him after he was left for dead in the desert south of Mesa. Almost 14 months we have him, and he's just finally beginning trust again...Half the time I'm protecting him from other Dogs....But he's a GREAT WatchDog!!if If you don't belong in my house,..he will eat you!!
image-2107040490.jpg   image-464056221.jpg   image-596598000.jpg  

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #30

Ahhh, he's freaking cute!