Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How many times

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

I respect that, my father has as a sharpshooter. I don't ask him about it. He has been drinking before and told me some. He has his demons. I'll leave it at that.
Many of us do have our demons. For sharpshooters and snipers, it's a bit different. It's a colder, more calculated kill. For infantry, regular grunts like me, it's a heated thing, much like a bar brawl. Hard to even keep track of who's who, much less just what exactly the hell is really happening. It goes back to training. In the infantry, you train so well (at least you should) that muscle memory and reflex take over. Sharpshooters and snipers have to really concentrate in the dirtiest aspect of their job. Almost like the difference between a fast paced liquor fueled pub crawl, versus a well planned, well thought out weeklong trip with mental photographs for the memories.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #32

Liked 2365 Times on 1476 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Many of us do have our demons. For sharpshooters and snipers, it's a bit different. It's a colder, more calculated kill. For infantry, regular grunts like me, it's a heated thing, much like a bar brawl. Hard to even keep track of who's who, much less just what exactly the hell is really happening. It goes back to training. In the infantry, you train so well (at least you should) that muscle memory and reflex take over. Sharpshooters and snipers have to really concentrate in the dirtiest aspect of their job. Almost like the difference between a fast paced liquor fueled pub crawl, versus a well planned, well thought out weeklong trip with mental photographs for the memories.
That's a good insight, thanks trip. He said it never bothered him, yet I know he sleeps maybe 3 hours a night.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I'm pretty cold when it comes down to it but the memory still remains.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #34

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

If it bothers someone, please ignore this. The reason I brought this up was that last friday I had to go to the surgeon to have some work done on my right shoulder and arm which has had pins and rods in it from a AK 47 incident 200 years ago. Since then, I've had two operations and thursday week I'm going to have another because shooting and whatever else has made my right arm and shoulder useless. I'm used to working out at the gym 5 days a week and shooting two or three, but I haven't been able to even shoot a pistol lately. My right arm and shoulder right now are useless. The 45 acp injury was a ricochet to my chest that broke one rib, no big deal because that wasn't the first one, just the worst one. Just though I'd clear up why I put this question on here.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #35

Liked 257 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The shots to the front SAPI plates were in a firefight, the one in the back I think may have been a ricochet because it went into the vest at an angle. The one to the head was while standing guard duty with an Iraqi police officer/career criminal. Got sniped, yeah it gave me a concussion, knocked me out, the bullet's jacket shattered like glass and embedded a metric **** ton of little shards in my face. That happened in 2005, and I just pulled yet another metal sliver from my lip the day before yesterday. Sometimes they work their way to the surface of my skin and my razor will snag on one.
Cheese and rice .... You sure had someone looking out for you in your life brudduh

Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1070 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
tripp is 100% correct. you would be surpirsed how much training takes over/kicks in without you even knowing it. that is if you push yourself in training. if you half a$$ it, you wont gain a thing.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #37

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

tripp is 100% correct. you would be surpirsed how much training takes over/kicks in without you even knowing it. that is if you push yourself in training. if you half a$$ it, you wont gain a thing.
I can testify to that 110%

There have been times that after the incident is over and the adrenaline has settled down, i was like "damn, did i just do that" and my partners were like "damn dude, that was awesome!!"

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #38

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

never shot but i have been shot at(not going to get into the story) but if it ever comes to it being me or my family or them i will not think twice.

"Time's are rough and time's are strange but times one thing that you cant change." - Rodney Adkins