How many times - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How many times

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

plenty of 7.62 went whizzing past me. lucky enough i didnt try to stop any of them with my body. unlike trip. sounds to me like he shoud of zigged when he zagged :P

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The closest I plan on ever coming to getting shot was with a ricocheted bullet from some irresponsible people at the range. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for all that serve in the Armed Forces.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #13

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

Dang! Did the headshot give you a cuncussion or anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Yea that had to have messed you up pretty bad. How did that go down, if you don't mind me asking?
The shots to the front SAPI plates were in a firefight, the one in the back I think may have been a ricochet because it went into the vest at an angle. The one to the head was while standing guard duty with an Iraqi police officer/career criminal. Got sniped, yeah it gave me a concussion, knocked me out, the bullet's jacket shattered like glass and embedded a metric **** ton of little shards in my face. That happened in 2005, and I just pulled yet another metal sliver from my lip the day before yesterday. Sometimes they work their way to the surface of my skin and my razor will snag on one.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #14

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1917

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

The shots to the front SAPI plates were in a firefight, the one in the back I think may have been a ricochet because it went into the vest at an angle. The one to the head was while standing guard duty with an Iraqi police officer/career criminal. Got sniped, yeah it gave me a concussion, knocked me out, the bullet's jacket shattered like glass and embedded a metric **** ton of little shards in my face. That happened in 2005, and I just pulled yet another metal sliver from my lip the day before yesterday. Sometimes they work their way to the surface of my skin and my razor will snag on one.
Well I'm just glad that you are alive to tell the tale. ...hmm..so how many purple hearts was that?? Lol

Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Three 7.62 in the chest, one in the back, one in the head. SAPI plates and kevlar helmet, baby!
Quote:
Damn, I knew about the 3 in the chest, but not the 1 in the back and head. That had to suck.

Glad you made it through it buddy.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #16

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Salute to all military and law enforcement here. Chunk of 5.56 jacket to my finger and many paintballs Couple BB pings to the butt as kids.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #17

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Trip, I am very glad that you're still here man. Mad respect for you and everyone else that has or is serving.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #18

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
plenty of 7.62 went whizzing past me.
A reason for the superiority of the M16/AR15 platform?

No bullets. I recently had a piece of steel shrapnel break off from a log-splitting wedge and go 2" into my leg during a firewood-splitting accident.

Thank you to all of you who have been willing to take a bullet in defense of this country!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #19

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Well I'm just glad that you are alive to tell the tale. ...hmm..so how many purple hearts was that?? Lol
None! The ones in the SAPIs didn't leave any injury, and the splinters in the face I turned down the write up for that. If I'd known I could send my son to college in Florida for free, I'd've taken it. It would also have the added bonus of being forced to move there for him to go to college. I wouldn't complain a bit about living down there!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

tons of paintballs...and airsoft pellets hopefully nothing more than that

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson