Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to get a fast response from 911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Default How to get a fast response from 911

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #2

Liked 118 Times on 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

is that real?! what municipality is going to respond with "sorry about your ongoing burglary...but we don't have any units available right now" ??

if this really happened, I'd suspect that a police chief/county sheriff is going to lose the next election!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #3

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
is that real?! what municipality is going to respond with "sorry about your ongoing burglary...but we don't have any units available right now" ??

if this really happened, I'd suspect that a police chief/county sheriff is going to lose the next election!
That's probably not real... but there is a sheriff out in the western states that has made it clear that with the budget cuts, they frequently will have only one person on duty to cover the entire county. In an interview with a newspaper basically told people they need to prepare. I read both the newspapers interview and his own site, unfortunately can't find the link right now

Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Thats funny, my only question is would they try to charge you for falsefying info on a 911 call?

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 10-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #5

Liked 1446 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1207

Default 'Officer Down'

I recall the response in NYC 20 years ago was pretty good for real emergencies.

However if you needed a lot of cops, with guns, fast, what you said was, 'Officer Down'. This was the phrase that 911 sent over the air when an EMT was having a stupid problem with someone. The EMT said he never saw so many guns in his life.

BIG sense of family among the NYC uniformed, if not exactly brotherhood.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Real or Not

...that one gave me a good laugh.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #7

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Good ol WFPD , I found a pocket book one night in the middle of the street , all was the but for the cards and cash , 1/8th mile away was Mr homie walking fast. I picked it up , call it in and the response I got was '' we dont have anyone to respond ''. Me ; ok ill leave it with the clerk at your favorite gas station hang out .
Im not picking there are some good ol boys over there but damn ,I never expected that kind of response before .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7311 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9421

We have had that sort of crap going on here for some time. Several years ago I called 911 because a guy was physically threatening me as I was doing some work on my property. Nobody ever showed up as a result of the 911 call. These days it is much worse. I don't think I would tell the 911 operator that I shot anybody, but I might tell them that if they don't show up pretty damned soon somebody is going to get shot.