How do you spend your interwebz time when not on FTF? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How do you spend your interwebz time when not on FTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
There are pictures of naked women on the Internet.

no offense and none taken
You too? Apparently, we were the only two people that didn't know.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #22

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

I can't tell you but my new eyeglasses have lenses about 1" thick, and my arthritis is permanently crippling me. Boy this hard to type...

Seriously though, I don't have a television, so I read constantly on my kindle.
I also spend large amounts of time researching guns and watches.

I used to try and keep up with the yachting world but the longer I'm away from it and the worse my arthritis gets, it obvious that I won't be going back to that life.

Gone turducken huntin'

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #23
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Like Greg, I have been Around the Data worlds a long time. Ran a BBS on a C-64 with 1 MEG. Of Ram and a 20 MEG hard drive( and two phone lines).. That was ages ago. I have been a writer a long time, and been on Apple probably as long( mid 80's)....currently I build people's small businesses Facebook pages or WordPress websites....ran my own Sports biz on a WP page for 5+ years......

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #24

Liked 700 Times on 489 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Netflix.............

Old 02-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #25

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

So many things: YouTube for instructional videos, music, you name it; Netflix (of course!); Pandora; NASA' Explore the Solar System, Exoplanets, etc.; Wikipedia; tech sites; shopping; eBay; classics car sites; political sites; other gun sites; and just browsing/stumbling across cool things! Can't think of everything now but basically learning new things every day.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

In the past I did a lot more on the web than I do now. Most of it these days is right here on FTF (much to the chagrin of some here!) mainly due to my declining health over the past few years. I have been on Craigslist for a long, long time (once met Craig Newmark in a passing conversation. Didn't know it until much later though. He is an unmemorable fellow though if memory serves me correctly.) Quite honestly it is somewhat odd that I do not do more on computers and on the internet given that I live literally in the birthplace of the personal computer. I probably know more people who work for or are founders of IBM, HP, Apple and any number of other major companies known to everybody here than anybody else. Kind of strange. Do you remember the first computer game "Pong"? One of the original engineers from Atari who developed the game is a next-door neighbor of mine. I used to work on Steve Wozniacs cars and met him many times (still see him around town these days).

I totally dig Youtube too. but I don't use it much.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
MisterMcCool Likes This