Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How do you celebrate July 4th? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-do-you-celebrate-july-4th-92770/)

tri70 06-24-2013 12:20 AM

How do you celebrate July 4th?

How do you celebrate, family cookout, go to the lake, take in a local city display?

We run a firework stand and make a little extra money for a vacation or road trip to see relatives. After the 4th we have a big family and friends cookout with shooting leftover fireworks.

jjfuller1 06-24-2013 12:29 AM

we go to a lake that does great fireworks and a ring of fire. and then go shooting.. lots of shooting

ShagNasty1001 06-24-2013 12:40 AM

Explosions. Lots and lots of big explosions like any good American should

tri70 06-24-2013 01:33 PM

Does anyone have any crazy July 4th stories? Explosives and rednecks make a great combination and sometimes get posted to YouTube!

Once we had a bottle rocket fight with my cousin's son and his friends against me and my cousin. They grabbed the wrong bottle rockets, 3 whistle, they pause 3 times before exploding. Not so great trying to shoot across a pond at your foe! We told them we would give them some regular BR but we won't quit shooting at them, they never came across! Lol, good times!

People play pranks on each other by lighting firecrackers under their buddies bedroom window late at night. They lay a lit cigarette on the fuse to give a time delayed ignition.

Another buddy would set off fireworks in the middle of town using the cigarette to delay the light off so he could getaway without the cops noticing.

ShagNasty1001 06-24-2013 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70
Does anyone have any crazy July 4th stories? Explosives and rednecks make a great combination and sometimes get posted to YouTube!

Once we had a bottle rocket fight with my cousin's son and his friends against me and my cousin. They grabbed the wrong bottle rockets, 3 whistle, they pause 3 times before exploding. Not so great trying to shoot across a pond at your foe! We told them we would give them some regular BR but we won't quit shooting at them, they never came across! Lol, good times!

People play pranks on each other by lighting firecrackers under their buddies bedroom window late at night. They lay a lit cigarette on the fuse to give a time delayed ignition.

Another buddy would set off fireworks in the middle of town using the cigarette to delay the light off so he could getaway without the cops noticing.

I was in Fort Smith one year for it and we dropped near 2500 in fireworks. Had 16,000 black cats and good lord knows what else. Needless to say, our show beat the city's. I'll try and find some videos when I get home from work

HankStone 06-24-2013 01:49 PM

My Son and some of my Family will board his boat,go down the Hudson River by the Statue Of Liberty,and watch the New York fireworks display,me I'm staying home,having a BBQ with the Dogs is a good day to me=no confusion.,

rn-cindy 06-24-2013 02:04 PM

I have low seniority on the Neurological Unit......so will be working 12 hr shifts thru the holiday.......:(. But Holidays pay double time......:)

beaglesam 06-24-2013 03:09 PM

This year I'll be near MT. Rushmore.

dango 06-24-2013 03:10 PM

Still breathing on the 5th is ample celebration...! :D

danf_fl 06-24-2013 03:17 PM

In the morning, I plan to read the "Declaration of Independence" and the "Bill of Rights".
(It's an annual thing for me).

Then have some friends over to burn hamburgers on the grill.