Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How did you get into guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-did-you-get-into-guns-71963/)

thesoulution22 09-07-2012 01:04 AM

How did you get into guns?

Post how you got into firearms! I got into it because of my dad, and discovering his old guns.

mountainman13 09-07-2012 01:15 AM

Had to think on it a bit. I couldn't remember at first. Actually funny now that I look back on it. I got hassled by a few different cops about my knife in a period of a week. On the third one I got a bit mouthy about it and said "You guys keep hasseling me about my knife, I don't drive and I'm not walking around this area without being armed. Would you prefer if I had a fu@&ing gun?"
The officer said "We wouldn't be able to hassle you about that because it would be concealed."
So I got my license and now I carry atleast 1 gun and 1 knife at all times.
They don't bother me anymore.

LikeABoss 09-07-2012 01:17 AM

Step Father & Uncle Bob!

25-5 09-07-2012 01:25 AM

My dad and uncle when I was twelve. Now I am 67, and though I tried, it all ends with me.

kycol 09-07-2012 01:32 AM

My dad had me shooting as far back as I can remember. We would go to the city dump and shoot rats. We went to the old strip pits and shoot bottles and cans. We would hunt doves, quail, squirrel, and rabbits. He would take me to the gun shows. After I got married and the three kids came along kind of got away from them, didn't have the money or the time. Still did some hunting and took the kids hunting when I could. My girls just never got into it at all. My son really didn't get into it the way I hoped either. But when he was 10 we moved and I really didn't have a place to hunt like before and he was into karate and kick boxing took up most of our time. Then about.a year or so back he comes to see me all excited about his new 1911. Well that got me started back and I have fell in love with my guns all over again.

kycol 09-07-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25-5
My dad and uncle when I was twelve. Now I am 67, and though I tried, it all ends with me.

It doesn't have to you can leave them to me.

dewey 09-07-2012 01:34 AM

As a kid, my family wasnt what you would call gun nuts, but we had a few rifles for shooting ground hogs, and hand guns and shottys for home defense.
Dad gave me a cheap 22 when I was 10. We bought matching speed sixes when I turned 18.
I travel alot with wife and 2 small girls, so I got my ccw. about 6 years ago.
November, about 4 years ago I pretty much just went insane. Cant figure out why.
Seriously, I came to see what beautiful machines firearms are. I have always been attracted to well engineered tools.

MOshooter 09-07-2012 01:40 AM

I was born into firearms/hunting,instead of a baby rattle they gave me a daisy bb gun :)

Zombiegirl 09-07-2012 01:44 AM

I used to shoot with my Dad and Uncles at a friend's farm. Good memories....

drvsafe 09-07-2012 01:48 AM

I always built guns with my Legos as a kid. At 15 I was sent to school in Israel and I was exposed to a lot of different pistols by all the teachers there etc.; everyone carried a handgun. On Fridays we would go on hikes and shoot cans out in the mountains outside Jerusalem.

Then i was offered the opportunity to enter into the IDF's Gadna program, which is basically a slightly watered down version of boot camp. I was the youngest one there. As far as firearms went we trained on Galils, m1s and m16s, it was a real blast. I remember I volunteered for the duty of stripping and cleaning all of our group's rifles. And that earned me some extra range time with a few of the soldiers on the base and I was absolutely hooked from then on.