How can these people be so stupid? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

How can these people be so stupid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

All I can say is the boy needs to be removed from the home NOW. if they aren't smart enough to put up a gun and lock it up hell even a dam trigger lock would be better than nothing you stupid dumb azz.

It is amazing, I think we needs a nation common sense test before ALLOWING people to breed along with an IQ test you score to low and bang we cut your nuts off or take your ovaries out.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have to disagree with that. I belive it was in PA where a child has a cancer and the mother wanted to see natural medicine, the state forced her and the child to seek medical assistance. That's not the states choice, it's the parents. The government has no business telling me how to raise my kids, if they need a car seat or not and what kind of medicine they need.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That's a tough call spittinfire. On the one hand, i don't think the feds need to be interfering with parents rearing their children. On the other hand, i've known some deeply stupid people who really weren't equipped to raise their kids. Some people would be better off without kids & some kids would be better off with more qualified parents; i will agree that i don't think the government is the best entity to determine parental fitness, though.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I have to disagree with that. I belive it was in PA where a child has a cancer and the mother wanted to see natural medicine, the state forced her and the child to seek medical assistance. That's not the states choice, it's the parents. The government has no business telling me how to raise my kids, if they need a car seat or not and what kind of medicine they need.
I agree with you in principle, but car seats are a pretty basic safety requirement. I don't care if an adult wants to not wear his seat belt, but the kid should be kept safe. If they want to not wear a seat belt later, when they are grown up and understand the risk, that's fine.

The medical stuff is less clear cut. I am open to some lattitude for the parent making personal choices. I think that there should be actual evidence that supports the methods though. There are a lot of quack alternative maedicines out there. However, if the parent is getting effective treatment and that is backed up by scientific data, I do not see a problem with also using complimentary treatments.

Honestly, I was thinking more of the extremist religious types that deny thier kids blood transfusion or antibiotics and let them die from easily cured things like infections.

Canis

Old 07-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #15

When all is said and done, bottom line is incidents like this are just plain bad publicity for all gun owners, upstanding and idiots.

Here in LV, we've had a rash of weapon/child related incidents in the past two weeks. ............ markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #16

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That's a tough call spittinfire. On the one hand, i don't think the feds need to be interfering with parents rearing their children. On the other hand, i've known some deeply stupid people who really weren't equipped to raise their kids. Some people would be better off without kids & some kids would be better off with more qualified parents; i will agree that i don't think the government is the best entity to determine parental fitness, though.

Here is a good example of that. A mother cut off her newborns head and ate the brain.

Mother Accused of Beheading Infant at Devil's Request Ate Brain, Police Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

What is wrong with the world??????????

Old 07-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #17

the story on forced medicine became an issue because they had given the child chemotherapy and he was improving and the parents were counceled (i think by a preist) to use an alternative methode that was obviously not helping and the parents still refused to go back to chemo so at that point the courts got in the middle. when you know that your methods arent working and others do work and you still deny them your neglecting your children, the parents are lucky their child was not removed from thier home.

as far as the other story goes i saw on the news a while back that they were trying to hammer a guy because he posted a video on youtube that showed how his 8 year old son was eisily able to break a trigger lock, his point was that kids can easily find a way to break through any security put in place simply by googleing the right things and that the only real security was education. they said people like him were helping kids figure it out and his answer was that he didnt know how to do it but it wasnt hard for him to find out how. the point i'm making is that ingnorance breeds ignorance and regardless of situation and excuses if the people are educated or if to young to instruct on proper use at least tought to stay away until old enough to really be educated.

i grew up in southern california and i never held a gun or fired one, but i was told over and over again by family members that had them that if i ever showed it to anyone or touched it that i get my faced kicked in or something along those lines and guess what i left the damn thing alone, when i got older they showed me a little of the mechanics but i never had a use for it so i never shot it but i still knew what to do if i had or was around a gun (like not looking down the barrel or pointing it at someone)

Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Here is a good example of that. A mother cut off her newborns head and ate the brain.

Mother Accused of Beheading Infant at Devil's Request Ate Brain, Police Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

What is wrong with the world??????????
That is just disturbing.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Police say the 4-year-old boy was handling a loaded 9mm handgun when it fired,... the father was home at the time, but the weapon was not properly secured.
It is so unfortunate that this dadís child had to pay the price of his stupidity. STUPID people like this give gun owners a bad name period. My firearms unless on my hip are secured.

I believe that when we make fire arms EVIL or taboo we make them attractive to adolescents and kids. That is why my kids have been firing guns since they could hold them in their hand, WITH my supervision and teaching them safety while shooting.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
That is just disturbing.
Nauseating. That girl doesn't need to have access to any kids, ever again, until they put her down or away.