Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How can these people be so stupid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default How can these people be so stupid?

How can these people be so stupid?

They let a 4 year old get hold of a loaded gun.

Girl, 2, Dies After Being Shot by Brother, 4, in Las Vegas Home - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Girl, 2, Dies After Being Shot by Brother, 4, in Las Vegas Home
Monday, July 27, 2009

LAS VEGAS — Authorities say a toddler has died after being shot by her 4-year-old brother at their Las Vegas home last week.

The Clark County Coroner's office says 2-year-old Elizabeth Zeferina Serrano died Sunday at University Medical Center. No cause was immediately released. The case remains under investigation.

Las Vegas police say the girl was taken to a hospital before police were called about 8:30 p.m. Thursday to a house west of the Las Vegas Strip.

Police say the 4-year-old boy was handling a loaded 9mm handgun when it fired, striking the girl in the torso.

Investigators say the father was home at the time, but the weapon was not properly secured. No charges have been filed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
How can these people be so stupid?
They let a 4 year old get hold of a loaded gun.

Investigators say the father was home at the time, but the weapon was not properly secured. No charges have been filed.
That ignorance right there is reason enough for me to not even respond with my opinion.

jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Hey-Zues Effing Cristo!!

How many of these senseless "incidents" do we have to have before people wake up.

NEWS FLASH!! Kids like guns. They see them all the time on TV. They see them all the time in cartoons. If you don't teach them early, they are going to try and educate themselves and you have tragedies like this.

Oh, and it's a 9mm death - AGAIN! And does anybody want to take a wild assed guess as to what manufacturer's name is on the pistol??

I am betting it wasn't a revolver manufactured by the original Colt Company.

I firmly believe that not EVERYONE should have a gun in their house. They should have a Right to one, but they really need to exercise some common God Damn sense.

If you can't remember where you parked your car, or where your keys are, or if you stopped to get 4 things on the way home from the store and can only remember two of them, just give it a LITTLE MORE consideration before you buy, load and leave unattended, a FIREARM in your house - you stupid moron!!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
That ignorance right there is reason enough for me to not even respond with my opinion.

jack
So true.Another for the gun control to dance in the street.

Layton

Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That truly is a terrible story. I'm sure the parents are heartbroken over the event but honestly. MORON! I don't even have kids and loaded weapons aren't accessable to a 4 year old. All this does is give people more ammo against guns and gun rights.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #6

When does the ignorance stop. Kids can pick up a gun and kill, but probably can't break into a Winchester Safe. LOCK IT UP!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sad, very sad. I don't have kids, but i keep any loaded firearms put up high or out-of-sight. If i had a kid or kids around the house, i'd keep the only loaded gun ON me at all times. I hope the boy isn't totally messed up, psychologically.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I wonder if the boy even understands what has just happen. Over the next few years as he begins to understand there will probably be a need for some serious counciling. Poor little guy is off to a rough start.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

Because these parents are f'ing stupid. Plain and simple............markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 07-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #10

Very sad story.

This may not be a popular view, but I am in favor of punishing parents that allow their children to come to harm by being negligent.

Unsecured firearms, lack of safety restraints in motor vehicles, and less commonly, denial of proper medical treatment are some examples of areas were parants fail to fulfilltheir responsibility.

Many people have said to me that the loss of the child and the guilt is punishmant enough, but I don't buy it.

Canis