How can someone be anti-guns? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How can someone be anti-guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Right to Bear

For me the question is really, "Who or what is behind this agenda?" This country has been under attack from all sides since it start. Some are miss led, some just want the power, others just want to be able to beat others down.
I understand the fear of someone who has lost or been hurt by those with little morals. I have been shot and robbed at gun point and it has given me a great respect for fire arms, but I also have been cut with knifes, hit with ball bats and had the snot kicked out of me in several scrapes. For me you can never disarm the evil, the only choice is to adope the old Boy Scout moto, "be prepared".

The best defence is still the ability to defend yourself.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #22

How can someone be anti-gun?

I think many people drifted away from guns in a shop-to-you-drop plastic economy where it takes two working people to support one roof in todays over-developed rat race and they don't even have the time to shoot, hunt or fish with their children. Many people don't live in an area where you can shoot anymore loosing more and more each generation. Many people have given up hunting, fishing and recreational shooting for skiing, golf, video arcades, night clubs ect., ect., slipping away from a pure quality way of life while giving way to criminals and they don't even know it. Many anti-gun people who INSIST on passing more gun laws and bans that only infringe the rights and penalize the good hard working law-abinding citizens in this country aren't even aware that we have a NICS system (national instant checks system). They should be personally required to legally purchase a firearm through a NICS check and see what it takes before they try to introduce any more gun laws or bans. They are unaware that last year alone there was a 70% increase in woman shooters and a 30% increase in woman hunters in the U.S. They don't understand you can't put out a fire (reduce crime) by aiming at the fire hydrant (law-abiding citizens). And some gun owners don't want to step up to the plate and support an organization that is fighting for their rights on a daily basis. Every professional in this country belongs to an association that represents their interest. What does it take for gun owners to understand this? The sqeaky wheel gets the grease. The anti-hunters and anti-gun nuts are working around the clock to strip you of your rights and many (not all) gun owners aren't fighting back. Try taking a person who never shot a gun to the range or hunter safety course, inform them about the many ranges that have a youth day so they can take their kids. Invite them to see wildlife in it's natural habitat on your pre-hunting season scouting trip. Inform them that not all firearm owners are hunters. There are competition shooters, collectors (new and historical), recreational shooters, and some folks carry for personal protection. Inform them that firearms are a huge part of this country's rich history, heritage and tradition. Wear your NRA hat/shirt. What makes this country just a little bit better is your unique freedoms....don't give them away. We should do all we can to preserve what our previous generations fought and died for. If you don't stand for something....you'll fall for anything.
United you stand....Divided you fall.

Tell the anti-gun/anti-hunting groups--

To be anti-gun/anti-hunting is not only anti-American but embarrassing to this nation.

NRA Patron Member

Last edited by GZ44; 07-28-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #23

I know I have taken quite a few people out to kill cans and the majority of them loved it. One of my good friends turned around and bought a gun which permanently resides in my gun locker due to his own house rules. He thinks its a bunch of fun especially after the nice safety lecture I gave him and the do's and don'ts. i try to get as many people out ther who otherwise could care less and the majority turn into pro guns people...

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 07-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #24

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Multiple reasons

1. Mental laziness. They think that banning guns will eliminate crime. A good question to ask someone who wants all guns confiscated is, "What will you do when they come to search YOUR house?" when they say, "I don't have a gun, you ask, "How will they know that? Or do you think they should take everyone's word? Gee, I don't have a gun either, then... And don't forget going over your back yard with a metal detector to make sure you haven't buried your guns... I suppose doing that kind of house-to-house search, nationwide, might take up a lot of the Government's resources..." By this time, your opponent should be thoroughly pissed off. Not convinced, but the impossibility of a total ban ought to be obvious to anyone listening. 2. Media bias. When is the last time you saw a shooting event on network TV? You won't; they've made a corporate decision that civilian-owned guns must NEVER be shown in a positive light, even though they are among America's most popular pastimes, and one of the few that are accessible to young and old, handicapped and able, of either sex. 3. Elitist snobbery. Gun sports are also accessible to average Americans, as opposed to, say, yachting. The elite also live in heavily guarded gated communities and have (armed) bodyguards. The
Elite aren't the majority, but their disdain for the stereotypical redneck gun-owner, like their disdain for, say, NASCAR and country music, sets the fashion for those who wish to emulate the elite. If you dismiss those with whom you disagree as benighted Yahoos, there's no need to actually think or defend your position. It becomes an article of faith. Don't forget that these same people routinely deride faith in God as mere superstition, too--and patriotism as fascism. To them, guns are evil--but so is America, and so is belief in God. And NASCAR, too. They'll never be the majority, thank God. Vote Republican anyway.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 07-29-2007, 03:25 AM   #25

NRA Patron Member

Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
I mean people like Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter have made a career on doing nothing but bashing liberals, a lot of times for no good reason.
Examples? I have never heard Coulter bash a liberal for no good reason. Most of the time, they are excellent reasons. O'Reilly, on the other hand...

Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
Examples? I have never heard Coulter bash a liberal for no good reason. Most of the time, they are excellent reasons. O'Reilly, on the other hand...
How about calling John Edwards a certain expletive referring to homosexuals?

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have found that most have been convinced by the establishment (education systems, media, government) that they cannot be trusted to use a firearm responsibly. Since they cannot use a firearm without randomly killing people, no one can.

It is transference. They don't trust themselves to do "X," no one else can do it either.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The problem is many educators teach their own uninformed opinion rather than fact.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
How about calling John Edwards a certain expletive referring to homosexuals?
Wasn't that related to him being named 'Woman of the Year"?