Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How can someone be anti-guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhuntguy View Post
They do not have a brain in their head and think the police will be there to protect them (and think the police are required to protect them - which they are NOT, according to the U.S. Supreme Court, which ruled that the Police are required to protect the general public - NOT the individual unless that individual was specifically told they would be protected) should something happen?
In that case, I would expect they would be just as much against private citizens owning fire extinguishers and first-aid kits. After all, don't we have firefighters and doctors?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2547 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Anti gun

Many are Hopolophobes. People who fear weapons. These are the spineless Sheeple who on one hand hate the police and on the other hand want the police to protect THEM.

If an officer has to get physical with an individual, they scream police brutality. If they are victimized they want the police to draw and quarter the perp.

The only difference between a Liberal and a Conservative is the Liberal has not been a victim of violent crime, yet.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Many are Hopolophobes. People who fear weapons. These are the spineless Sheeple who on one hand hate the police and on the other hand want the police to protect THEM.

If an officer has to get physical with an individual, they scream police brutality. If they are victimized they want the police to draw and quarter the perp.

The only difference between a Liberal and a Conservative is the Liberal has not been a victim of violent crime, yet.
Awesome answer!!! Hysterically funny, but unfortunately true.......

It reminds of me of the picture I saw of a notice board in someones yard that read: "My neighbor wants to ban all guns. Their house is not armed. To respect their opinion, I promise not to use my guns to defend their property, or help them in any way."

Well behaved women rarely make history!

The Gun Lounge

Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #14

Man I hate this topic. I absolutely agree with everything said thus far and I have no real answer. It just seems that the same people who are trying to take away our rights are the same people that generally believe that they are right about EVERYTHING and if they disagree with something they will be sure to do everything they can to change it for everyone. Unfortunately in my mind that just turns them into an aggressor. Doesnt that just flip the board around?

Without the antigun lobbyists the pro gun people would not be doing anything except what we do anyways. But the anti gun people have thrown the first stone essentially starting a "war" with the pro gun people. So the anti gun (typically synonimous with anti war) have essentially started a war (albeit on paper) with regular citizens enjoying their constitutional rights. And when all is said and done there will still be guns, just illegal ones owned by people who do not care about the laws anyways.

Just gets me flustured sorry.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #15

i'm probably going to regret this, but forget the sterotype: i'm a liberal with guns and fully support the 2nd Amendment. my dad was a liberal and gave me my first gun at age 8. i know other liberals that also own and carry. and while i find many liberals don't understand me, it would be a mistake for non-liberal gun owners to assume that i share their political beliefs on other issues. for me it is not a liberal v. non-liberal issue: it is a Constitutional right just like free speech and voting [remember when habeas corpus was also a Constitutional right?!]. use it or lose it, is my opinion, re speech, guns, etc. and, yes, i would use a gun to protect myself.

just because i've stood up to the plate and been honest, please don't use it as an excuse to bash me for being a liberal. remember: i'm there with you on this issue. actually, i also find it hard to understand why anyone would be ant-gun. thanks,

movie zombie

ps i also know many non-liberals that are anti-gun: yes, i confound them as they totally expect me to side with them on the issue. imagine their surprise [and confusion] when i, a liberal, speak forcefully re the right to bear arms!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The terms liberal, conservative, leftist and right-wing, democrat and republican have become so muddled they tend to mean different things to different people.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of small government, waaaaay fewer laws, personal responsibility, ruggedness, integrity and honor. Live and let live. Social programs are nothing more than redistribution-of-wealth programs. And once you give the government authority to take from those who have earned to give to others, property and wealth become the de facto property of the government, not the individual. There's my $0.02.

Does that make me a conservative? Libertarian?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviezombie View Post
i'm probably going to regret this, but forget the sterotype: i'm a liberal with guns and fully support the 2nd Amendment. my dad was a liberal and gave me my first gun at age 8. i know other liberals that also own and carry. and while i find many liberals don't understand me, it would be a mistake for non-liberal gun owners to assume that i share their political beliefs on other issues. for me it is not a liberal v. non-liberal issue: it is a Constitutional right just like free speech and voting [remember when habeas corpus was also a Constitutional right?!]. use it or lose it, is my opinion, re speech, guns, etc. and, yes, i would use a gun to protect myself.

just because i've stood up to the plate and been honest, please don't use it as an excuse to bash me for being a liberal. remember: i'm there with you on this issue. actually, i also find it hard to understand why anyone would be ant-gun. thanks,

movie zombie

ps i also know many non-liberals that are anti-gun: yes, i confound them as they totally expect me to side with them on the issue. imagine their surprise [and confusion] when i, a liberal, speak forcefully re the right to bear arms!
Many liberals feel a bit uneasy speaking on such issues because conservatives love to use "liberal" as a buzz word. I mean people like Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter have made a career on doing nothing but bashing liberals, a lot of times for no good reason. It is true that a liberal ideology is more in line with an anti-gun agenda but that doesn't mean all liberals are anti-gun. It is also true that generally the more educated are more anti-gun. The reason for this is the more educated have generally always been rich. I spend and have spent a lot of money on my education but I didn't grow up rich and I grew up knowing and loving guns. Many wealthy people feel more entitled to their opinions and aren't worried because they think the police will protect them. It is evident that the constitution means little to most politicians and it is also evident that very few people are capable of forming their own informed decisions. Most uninformed peoples views on guns are nothing more than regurgitated propaganda being spread by the anti-gun groups.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #18

Personnally I could care less if someone is liberal or conservative, republican or democrat, could care less about a persons religion or the race. What I do care about is how they are and act regarding others and that they don't expect me to follow their views just because they believe they are good. I will take someone who trys their best over someone who is an expert and does it half ass.

You can label yourself a liberal if you wish but isn't that just conforming to what other people expect you to be even if you do not believe everything liberals do??

Glad to see you on our side anyways though.

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #19

"You can label yourself a liberal if you wish but isn't that just conforming to what other people expect you to be even if you do not believe everything liberals do??"

don't know how it is conforming to admit my political beliefs are to the left of center. certainly not conforming in this group.....

as a liberal friend said to me: ''everyone of us has an issue over which we part company with the liberal position and for you its guns.....for me its crime.'' and after listening to his opinion, he certainly does part company on that particular issue.

yes, my political beliefs i term as liberal, but i'm not a lemming.....there are far to many of those already of every political persuasion.

movie zombie

Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #20

I never really paid attention to either "group" so I don't really know where I fall. I just know what I believe makes the most common sense in my mind.

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com