Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How can someone be anti-guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default How can someone be anti-guns?

Do they just not read history books?

I live in a fairly liberal town, college town, so the younger people tend to lean very hard to the Left.

I was at a party recently and got into two firearm conversations. The first was a guy proclaiming handguns should be banned. So I asked why. He stated that handguns only kill people. I asked about carrying to defend yourself. His response, get this, was that handguns aren't powerful enough to actually kill people because home intruders are usually big people so they serve no purpose. I didn't laugh, I just asked well if that's true then why do the only kill people? He didn't know how to respond. I gave up at the point, if he believed that then there is no discussion to be had.

Second conversation was about assault rifles, a guy proclaimed they should be banned, I asked about a citizens right to own high power rifles in case of Government tyranny. He stated that if the Government choose to take over we would all be screwed and having a gun would not matter. I couldn't believe these people, they say this stuff with a straight face. Absolutely clueless it's scary.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Do they just not read history books?
Many of them do not. They are grossly ignorant of the ordeals the founding fathers and men of their time went through to secure our liberty. They have no idea that many of the framers and founders believed a revolution was inevitable every generation or two. (As it is, we haven't had a federal political body that gave any thought to serving the people since J.Q. Adams.)

Ignorance and bullsh*t are the primary ingredients for gun-control laws. Every gun-control advocate I've spoken to gets hysterically emotional and can't refute logical argument or cite facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Absolutely clueless it's scary.
Screw 'em.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

You did say you were in a college town. The most highly educated people are generally very ignorant. Also remember many of these people believe themselves to be the elite of society. The elite have always bought protection for themselves, you as a non-elite, do not deserve to defend yourself. You are only there to serve their whims. They say, you obey. You see their hypocrisy in global warming and green activities.

Guns are dangerous things to them because it allows the unwashed, ignorant mass of people to be their equals by force when needed. The elite fear for their heads. If society at large is disarmed, no one can force them to the gallows or the guillotine. They don't have the numbers to resist a popular uprising, therefore they must maintain a monopoly on force. A gun in every house makes their survival difficult if trouble happens.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 AM   #4

Default They are anti gun mostly due to indoctrination by liberals

scottg is absolutely right - they want to control the "inferior masses" by having the only force available. We've seen it before - the British at Bunker Hill, Hitler in Europe, Stalin in Russia and Castro in Cuba. They ruled by the mandate of murderous force.

Why fear an armed populace? One of the greatest examples of this was in the Warsaw Ghetto when a few Jews and Poles killed German soldiers and got a few firearms. Unable to control the people, the Germans were finally forced to bring in tanks and destroy much of the ghetto - all because of a few rag tag patriots with firearms. I can't help but believe that if ALL Jews were armed and FOUGHT, Hitler could never have begun his "final solution".

But, of course, he passed gun control laws BEFORE he rounded up the "undesirable races". Don't doubt for a minute that a Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi wouldn't put you and your family in the dirt if they could get away with it. IT IS THEIR GOAL.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #5

At the current rate of violence we are seeing, EVERYONE will need a weapon of some kind just to survive!

GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

How can somebody be anti-gun? Honestly I cannot say for sure because I am pro-gun. I would imagine that most (not all) antis are flaming liberals, and think that the state should provide everything including their own personal security. With that type of thinking then it would seem rational to conclude that a anti would think that the only reason a private citizen would own a gun is to commit violence against honest citizens.

Flawed logic...........you bet it is. Thinking that the only reason a person would choose to own guns is to commit random violence is as illogical as thinking the only reason one would want to own a penis is to commit rape. Its sad that the examples you listed are among the college educated this country has to offer. The real problem began when proffesors stopped teaching their students how to think, and started teaching their students what to think.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
The real problem began when proffesors stopped teaching their students how to think, and started teaching their students what to think.
Exactly right. For more insight into this, check out David Horowitz' book The Professors: 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America.

I just watched In Search of the Second Amendment by David Hardy. It is the most comprehensive work I have ever seen bringing together the history, argument and laws around an individuals duty and rights to arm him or herself. This is highly-recommended viewing (DVD, about 110 minutes).

It would be interesting to have an anti-gun nut watch it and refute the right to own weapons.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default How can someone be ANTI-GUN?

Hello All

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

How can someone be anti-gun? Coming froma long line family of Canadian's, it's not all that tough? Some have had a Loss in the family, that made them hate guns, others really feel that guns are the problem, not human behavior? Soime have a Leftist agenda, that makes guns a danger to future plans, who really knows why? In short, it's not rational thinking and manly it's based on emotion , not logic? I've Lived with folks all my life that hated guns, mostly were liberal, didn't have a clue about a lot ij life? Yes, some were college educated, some were dumb as rocks? LOL In short, no RATIONAL PERSON FEARS AN OBJECT? WE need to fear folks that think like that, school them on reality, but not many will learn?

Old 06-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They are attacking the wrong problem.Philadelphia Pennsylvania had 195 gun related murders,so far this year as of last night.Certain segments of our population are seriously out of control in some Cities and Towns.But we cant strip that segment of the population of gun Rights without taking guns from all of us.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 AM   #10

They do not have a brain in their head and think the police will be there to protect them (and think the police are required to protect them - which they are NOT, according to the U.S. Supreme Court, which ruled that the Police are required to protect the general public - NOT the individual unless that individual was specifically told they would be protected) should something happen?

Gun Control is a MUST! If you cannot control your gun get one you CAN!