How Big Are We? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

How Big Are We?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I don't think that is where JD was going with that.

What he was saying was that not many people are going to be doing drive by bow and arrow shootings now days.
Exactly! It's no longer the weapon of choice, so no one is practicing to take out some fools with a longbow.

I realize a lot of people still bow hunt, but they are, usually, respectful hunters who enjoy the "challenge" of stalking their prey and eating what they shoot. They aren't running up into a mall and flinging arrows across the damn food court....

JD

Old 03-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

J.D...."They aren't running up into a mall and flinging arrows across the damn food court...."

I always enjoy a great line. I also enjoy masterful thread drift.

But, getting back to the lurkers, I have gotten to a point where I no longer find it worthwhile to debate hoplophobes. The Brady gang and their ilk are positively cult like in their beliefs. I don't have any interest in de-programming them.

I will continue to do my best as a responsible and civil firearms owner, a steward of the Second Amendment.

To the gun banners, fear mongers, hoplophobes and Marxists attempting to disarm the People, I say: MOLON LABE!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

The fact that there are thousands more firearms and bow owners that are law abiding than there are murderous whack jobs. A sociopath will still be a sociopath even if the gun had never been invented.

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This is absolutely correct, HOWEVER, guns sure make it a lot EASIER!
Cars make it easy to drive drunk also.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
That is just me because I know a few people that lost a lot of live stock to poachers with crossbows.
I love crossbows. Mainly because I'm left handed and I can barely see out of my left eye. I shoot rightie, but drawing a bow rightie us tough, especially when it is cold.

I live in farm country (and hills), and I've never heard of someone losing livestock due to poachers with crossbows. Maybe the guys you know have bad neghbors. Has to be small stock, because I have my doubts about a crossbow throwing a bolt with enough energy to drop a cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Newest Threads