How to become gluten intolerant
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to become gluten intolerant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 AM   #1
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8742 Times on 4711 Posts
Likes Given: 18492

Default How to become gluten intolerant

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2015, 05:58 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is nothing funny about being Gluten intolerant. It messes you up. Its upsetting and hard on children. Bread just might be the new evil.........I also have Lyme and thats a s.o.b to!

dango Likes This 
Old 03-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4288 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21586

To the casual observer , many of us look quite normal . Little do pelople know the many burdens we bare .! Wear it well , that's all one can do ! to all that suffer , my compassion goes out to you all , were you as lucky as me ! Unlike some , my burdon is. bare able . Prayers to all !
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1314 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcitizen View Post
There is nothing funny about being Gluten intolerant. It messes you up. Its upsetting and hard on children. Bread just might be the new evil.........I also have Lyme and thats a s.o.b to!
1. Welcome to the forum.
2. There is much humor here, some of it may be offensive to some, and we just grow some skin and learn to live with it.
3. Are you on Cephalexin for the Lyme disease? When I had it several years ago, I did NOT have good medical coverage, so researched it on line and took the recommended regimen of Cephalexin. Also, wore sunglasses when outside, as that particular antibiotic causes increased sensitivity to light -

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1314 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 824

And I CAN laugh at that video without in any way minimalizing the seriousness of Celiac disease. My cousin had Celiac, and it was truly a constant problem for him. So how can I be so insensitive as to laugh at this video? It is because there are people in this world who RELISH the idea of enlightening all of us on the minute details of their medical condition.

My wife once found herself in private with a woman she had never met before, and within minutes of meeting her, the gal had her clothes off and was explaining to my wife all the details of her colostomy. They were together for several hours, and her medical condition was ALL this person could talk about. Now, while finding nothing whatsoever funny about anyone wearing an appliance like this, this gals attitude that the entire world wanted to learn all about her condition did indeed arouse some humor in me when my wife told me about it.

There are foods which, if I eat them too late in the day, will cause me trouble. When offered one of these foods, I have never felt the need to educate the person offering it with the vivid and gory details of what they will do to me, but rather simply politely decline.
But perhaps I am simply too private a person - - -

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8536 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Okay, I watched this video and I found it quite funny. The point of the video was not to make fun of anyone with celiac disease. He was making fun of people who jump on a bandwagon just because. This video was about people who eat gluten free but really have no intolerance to gluten. Notice the segment where he mentions to magically become less gluten intolerant when no one is around. And to say every disease is due to gluten was a joke. Such as obesity, depression and cancer are all related to eating gluten.

Lighten up, folks. This was a parody of people who claim to be gluten free when they really aren't.
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3832 Times on 2617 Posts
Likes Given: 1912

I think everyone gets it except one person who signed up just to say no... On a gun forum
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #8

Liked 1354 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Its not mocking celiacs, its mocking hipsters... and its funny!
People Like This 
Old 03-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 765 Times on 435 Posts

Glutin free. I hate that term. To many people think that glutin is the problem but it is something else.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8536 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

My ex husband was always jumping on any new fad that came around. Whether it was diet related or psychological related. He blamed a lot of things on his Dad being an alcoholic. You remember "Adult Children of Alcoholics". Though his dad was one of the 'normal' ones in the family, worked two jobs to support his wife and 11 kids, built his own home, etc. His last diet craze I remember was the Macrobiotic diet. Brown rice could cure everything, along with miso, seaweed, tempeh and tofu. But if I didn't serve meat at dinner, he would be upset. Because "a little bit of meat isn't going to hurt".

One time I had tonsillitis and strep throat. He wouldn't let me go to the doctor because he said he could cure me with the Macrobiotic diet. Of course, the infection grew and the night before we were to leave on a trip, I went to the ER. The Doc looked in my throat and said, "Oh...my...God!" It took well over a week for my throat to heal up enough to swallow and yawn without pain.

I would bet right now he is claiming to be gluten intolerant.

Mercator Likes This 

Newest Threads