How am I alive ? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How am I alive ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #31
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2123 Times on 1151 Posts
Likes Given: 769

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
I was stationed at Ft Hood it was saturday Jan 9 2010 I was at my buddies house in Killeen returning a engine jack I borrowed to move a 350. We were talking about different pistols because I was talking about getting one we had returned from Iraq not to long ago and I still bad a mess load of money burning a hole in my pocket. So his jacka$$ roomate decides that he has to show me his S&W m&p 40 So he showing off his prizes piece when all of a sudden BOOM it goes off in his hand. Everybody is scared ****less and I'm looking for a hole in the wall and he is staring at my stomach with this I'm a F ing retard look. At this point my knees got weak and I fell I just realized he shot me in the stomach. So I start using every colorful word I can think of cause I'm scared as hell. My buddy grabs a CLS bag and starts doing first aid on me while dumbass that shot me is standing there all confused yanter my buddy tells me to put pressure on it while he calls 911. Fast forward 11 months I get out of the hospital after many many surgeries and learning how to walk again. Dumbass is lucky I didn't press charges he got his a$$ whooped by every one in my unit though so he got his.

If you ain't CAV you ain't ****
I think that one wins the prize.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #32

While flying my experimental XB I415 rocker plane over India at 20 thousand feet, the tail section broke off leaving me in a tailspin. I was very fortunate to have on a parachute. I pulled the ripcord at 10 thousand feet and nothing happened. I hung up in a tree and when I regained my senses I cut the line an fell 50 feet to the hard earth only to find myself starring into the mouth of a hungry 800 lb. Bengal tiger.
Well...I didn't know what to do and knew I couldn't kill him with my bare hands...so I jumped on his back and rode him like a horse. After a few hours I had him broke and he took me 20 miles to the nearsest villiage where I was treated for two broken legs a broke arm and 6 broke ribs.
I feel very fortunate to be alive to tell about this.............................................. ......In all honesty....I made this up due to my relativley boring life. But it could actually happen.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 868 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I think that one wins the prize.
you got that right

Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I was gonna post: "I survived WalMart on Black Friday". Instead, I'll show you the vid of my 'close-to-near-death'. Had i struck the pole with my head/neck, etc...was about 2' from likely losing ability to walk, or live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTUtQxSDARM

Old 12-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #35

At first I was like that's not too bad... Then the bruising started and I was like "damn". You are lucky all your bones were still in tact... Yeah, as hard as you hit that, had it been your head... Ouch

Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #36

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Ride harleys and you wont have that problem

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When I was a door gunner on a Huey we were called to help a squad that had been ambushed.
Good news the enemy lost about 35.
I was hit twice, first one hit the mount and fragmented, its parts hit my chest arm and neck.
The next one grazed me but was enough to come within 1/4" of my jugular.
The Huey came back to base with about a 100 holes.

Last edited by 75370; 12-03-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #38

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Told my wife she should not wear those pants .....

Told my dad when I was young to shut up, that did not end well

Gave grandma a rotten switch

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #39

Took a rocket in the rear door of our truck. Over in the desert. That's about all there is to say about that one.
Was stabbed because the other guy ran out of ammo in his A.K. I got to my side arm first.
1 more not at fault severe accident, result was terrible, but everyone lived.