How?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How?

How does a guy gain more confidence with women? I have been wondering why I remain single. It's not because I am dumb or ugly or anything like that. I think it's because I lack confidence. Anybody have any advice to help me out?

I think a large part of it is I don't do what I want. I always worry about what others think. Just as with owning a gun. I'm always worried that someone like my parents will say no. I know there are people out there that face the same problem(s) that I do. So anybody that can give some kind words of wisdom, that would largely be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hogger move out from parents house for starters and get out on your own. Bringing some hot date home to your parent's house kind of spoils the heat of passion and excitement there son for most women your age looking for financial security and maturity in a perspective partner. Drunk one-night stands don't count.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Confidence is a big part of it. When you enter a room, you own it.

A big help for many people is living on their own. No adult person male or female wants to have to deal with their partner's parents at the end of the date.

"I live with my parents" translates into "loser" to the female mind. They are looking for nesters and breeders, not mamma's boys. Manliness flies out the window when it is not your window.

Also, act like you don't care if they like you when you first meet them. Don't talk about yourself or how 'manly' you are. Women like to laugh and feel safe. Be funny and strong. Flirt like it is a game, not an end. Compliment women on their smarts, humor and style. Save the 'you are hot' for the bedroom. Let it flow as naturally as you can. It should be natural.

Learn these phrases:

"You are so smart."
"You are funny, I think we have the same sense of humor." (only if you do)
"That outfit is awesome. I can't match a shirt with a pair of shorts to save my life."
"Wanna come over to my place for dinner?"

Of course, I am a 40 year old virgin who vomits at the sight of a hot female. Wait, I am a 40 year old virgin woman who is afraid of letting people see my pretty face so I let my bangs grow and I wear my glasses instead of my contacts and I like the baggy clothes so nobody will judge me based on what the media thinks is attractive for women in today's society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 09-08-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

First understand if a girl says no when you ask her out you won't die, it will sting a little but if you don't ask a girl out your destin to be alone a very long time. It's a small risk considering the possible out come if she says yes. Even if she says no, there are plenty more girls to ask out.

Second be less concerned with others think and more concerned with what you think. When it comes to your life your opinion is the most important. Alway consider advice given but keep in mind it's just advice and not an order.

Third don't be afraid of making a mistake, the only people who never make a mistake are people that never try and in my opinion that is a big mistake. Screwing up is how we learn and build personality. Stepping out of your comfort zone is how you grow as a person and no matter your age it's something you should do on a regular basis.

Last if your close to your Dad, grab him and talk to him about this. Believe it or not he was your age once.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

More than likely there are girls that like you in your social circles. At work, school, weekend activities,whatever. Maybe you don't like them or are not attracted to them, but they're out there.

Quit trying so hard and just be you. Treat people right and don't be a butthole to anyone. Girls will take notice and if they don't respect you for that then let them end up with the cheating wifebeaters.

You don't want just any girl, you want the right kind of girl, the right girl for you. Unless you jut want to be some sort of man-whore, then I have no advice for you.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Hogger move out from parents house for starters and get out on your own. Bringing some hot date home to your parent's house kind of spoils the heat of passion and excitement there son for most women your age looking for financial security and maturity in a perspective partner. Drunk one-night stands don't count.

Jack
Ditto for starters.... If you can't afford it, then share a place with some buddy(s). If that still won't cut it, then it may be time to move somewhere else, translated as cheaper. Or get another job for a while... Christmas season is coming.

Living on YOUR own for a while will definitely help you feel more confident and independent. Important to have a good foundation for your future. HTH.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #7

While I respect every member's opinion, I gotta run with the shag-a-lot. Forget that you live with your parents. Find the wildest and loudest bar skank you can find and bring her home. Use the back entrance...

That is exactly what you need for your parents to finally say, "Move out." Maybe just the thing that will get you going. Then, you buy that pistol on your own as a man.

Quote:

Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
You don't want just any girl, you want the right kind of girl, the right girl for you. ...
Ditto again. I told my wife when we started dating... "I don't want this to be another dead-end relationship and waste time/money if we're not going to be serious." She agreed and we're still together (this month is 10 years).

Another important piece of advice... MAKE DECISIONS, informed decisions and stand behind them. Don't *always* be compliant but have just enough rebellion to stand for what you believe in. I know the ladies dig that (as long as it something that makes sense, lol).

Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablooie View Post
Ditto again. I told my wife when we started dating... "I don't want this to be another dead-end relationship and waste time/money if we're not going to be serious." She agreed and we're still together (this month is 10 years).

Another important piece of advice... MAKE DECISIONS, informed decisions and stand behind them. Don't *always* be compliant but have just enough rebellion to stand for what you believe in. I know the ladies dig that (as long as it something that makes sense, lol).
*bowing and shaking head while mumbling to self, 'rookies'*

Quote:

Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #10

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Name:  wtf.gif
Views: 85
Size:  2.0 KB

I know I don't have an account on eHarmony!

Did I log on to the wrong forum??

Go buy a gun, a big gun!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Newest Threads

Ria