Hours per week at work? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hours per week at work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 70 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Truck Supervisor for a construction company 45/55 hrs wk and I do piece work at a automotive machine shop another 8/12 hrs wk.

My readings of history convinces me that most bad government results from to much government.....Thomas Jefferson
Being Ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn............Benjamin Franklin
If Barack Obama is the answer, the how damn stupid was the question.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #52

Liked 367 Times on 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667

With my gravel pit and the range I can put in 120 per week for several weeks in a row then sit and twiddle my thumbs for weeks at a time.

After my return from the Corps I worked 15 years for Western Electric and averaged 400 hours of overtime per year, that allowed me to buy the farm with he gravel pit and pay a lot of taxes! I missed 5 days in 15 years and three of them were spent in the hospital. During the last 14 years at Western Electric I also farmed and had both cattle and hog feed lots and for the last 5 there I worked every Friday night as a road deputy for the local sheriff's dept. and every Saturday night as a dispatcher.

Finally took an early retirement from Western Electric and opened the gravel pit full time as well as farming and 4 nights a week as a road deputy. I closed the feed lots in 1983 when we had the drought and have never opened them back up.

Most of what I do should not be considered work as I enjoy it to much. I love working 30 something's in the dirt and laughing when they beg off!

I am trying to find a good individual to lease my gravel pit out on a percentage basis so that I can travel the country with my grandkids now. My son is farming and selling way to much seed to operate it and my daughter is a senior at IUPUI and will be a head doctor so she does not want to operate it ( having a PHD as a head doctor seems more to her liking than running a gravel operation )
My dad retired from Western Electric and one of my part-time staff retired from there as well. Talk to me about the gravel pit. I'm an Operations Manager, 41 years old, live in Brownsburg, work over off of 21st and Post where I manage a division of a records management and document imaging company.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #53

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bad week 108 hours, good week about 72 hours. Such is the life of a firefighter/paramedic.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #54

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

60-70 on a busy week, 50 on a slow week

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #55

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

we just started planting rice so we will be running seven days a week sun up to sun down.cant fly at night due to obstacles.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.