Hours per week at work? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hours per week at work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

0.... Ive been jobless for almost 3 years and going #&*@^@& insane!!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Phew at least im not the only one working crazy hours haha, still broke though what happened?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Retired now

Used to be the transportation and warehousing manager for a string of newspapers in SW Fl for 14 years, would regularly work 80+ hour weeks, that job put me in the hospital 3 times for exhaustion, I didn't miss it at all when I finally walked out..

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #24

Liked 92 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Retired military, part time town clerk/treasurer, care for disabled adult son, owner of small mobile powder coating business, work? What work? But I can shoot right off my porch.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 04-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'm limited to 19 hrs per week. (their rules, not mine. )

Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #26

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I usually get 52 hours a week in five days. Guaranteed minimum of 40/week. I can't complain. Three years ago I was cut to 32/week and couldn't make a living on that.

I worked plenty of long hours when I was younger, but wouldn't do it again, it isn't worth it to be angry all the time. We once worked seven weeks straight scheduled for 12 hour days, but if we had a break down or repairs I was one of the few who stayed to work on things. Many days we would stay until 10:30 pm and come back in at 5 am to try to finish the repair before the 7:00 start time. I paid off a BroncoII I bought that year in one summer since I couldn't go anywhere.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #27

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Im a self employed electrician so I only get paid the hours I put in. I've had 30 hour weeks and I've had 80 hour weeks. I am either buried or slow there never seems to be a middle ground
With my gravel pit and the range I can put in 120 per week for several weeks in a row then sit and twiddle my thumbs for weeks at a time.

After my return from the Corps I worked 15 years for Western Electric and averaged 400 hours of overtime per year, that allowed me to buy the farm with he gravel pit and pay a lot of taxes! I missed 5 days in 15 years and three of them were spent in the hospital. During the last 14 years at Western Electric I also farmed and had both cattle and hog feed lots and for the last 5 there I worked every Friday night as a road deputy for the local sheriff's dept. and every Saturday night as a dispatcher.

Finally took an early retirement from Western Electric and opened the gravel pit full time as well as farming and 4 nights a week as a road deputy. I closed the feed lots in 1983 when we had the drought and have never opened them back up.

Most of what I do should not be considered work as I enjoy it to much. I love working 30 something's in the dirt and laughing when they beg off!

I am trying to find a good individual to lease my gravel pit out on a percentage basis so that I can travel the country with my grandkids now. My son is farming and selling way to much seed to operate it and my daughter is a senior at IUPUI and will be a head doctor so she does not want to operate it ( having a PHD as a head doctor seems more to her liking than running a gravel operation )

Old 04-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #28

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

some of you work some serious hours!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Like the title says, just curious to how many hours per week you guys work..?
I just started a new job a bottling company.. After 3 days I'm sitting just over 40..
My job with airline industry consists of 40 hrs a week. But I'm semi-retired, in that I choose to give away some of my schedule days for work to others looking for some overtime to supplement their salaries. So I work when I need working and travel for free when the need for traveling arises.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #30

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

My job with airline industry consists of 40 hrs a week. But I'm semi-retired, in that I choose to give away some of my schedule days for work to others looking for some overtime to supplement their salaries. So I work when I need working and travel for free when the need for traveling arises.
Free travel sounds nice!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.