Hot Sauce - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hot Sauce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Gotta give a really big +1 on the OC. First Defense out of the MKIV can. superb spice for grilling up some yard bird (that's chicken to you yankees). Does not go as well with beef or pork, but very snappy on chicken.

My SO puts Tabasco on everything except cereal and ice cream. I like to taste my food. Tabasco overpowers all other flavors, IMHO.
Not if you use the chipotle Tabasco! Good smoky flavor and little heat.

I have many types of sauce, my favorite is homemade

Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I like all hot sauces, but I make my own from my own garden so it's fresh.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I love a good hot sauce. My favorite is Blair's After Death. Great flavor and it does not take much. Way up there in scoville scale.
The Wife got me some Blairs Reserve, think she paid $40. Half a tsp in a gallon of chili is awesome. A hair over, you'll be s#!tting blood.

Daves Insanity. I had seen a thousand warning labels on bottles that housed mediocre sauce. So we picked some up at a shop, and stopped at BK for lunch. I'm looking at my Whopper, pull the new bottle from my pocket, and load up.

First bite, nothing. Then a tingle. Then a river of snot, and difficulty breathing. Felt like a flaming brick in my stomach.

Mustard Gas, an aluminum bottle, mustard based sauce. I pour some on a chicken strip, the phone rings. I answer it, look back, and it's bubbling on the chicken. Literally bubbling. Like a little volcano. But delicious.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Not if you use the chipotle Tabasco! Good smoky flavor and little heat.

I have many types of sauce, my favorite is homemade
I do like the Chipotle Tabasco. More complex than hot.

Still prefer granny-in-law's fresh Pico. Not really a sauce, but full of flavor. Ive got to get my veggie garden in soon. Tomatoes and Peppers are all I will put in. I have a big yard but deer have access to about half of it. There is really no sense fighting them, they will win!

Heavy soil no good for tubers and root veggies. Toms and Jals grow like mad and have very high yields. If I had a bigger area available, I would put in some Spaghetti squash. YUM!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

What about Franks Red Hot Sauce?

I put that BEEP on everything.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

This close to Louisiana, i'm a Tabasco guy, all 5 flavors that i've tried. The green Jalepeno one is soooooooooooo good on collard greens. I do love the classic lil peppers in vinegar as well. The Dave's Insanity stuff is tooo hot for me, tried a few (peach was OK). Fresh pico de gallo (sp) is great, but not too easy to find; chow chow or pepper jelly is much more common around here. I guess, if i ate meat I would have more variety in my hot sauce selection.

edit* Robo, have you seen the hanging tomato basket things? It has lil holes for like 6 plants coming out of a green icecream cone-looking thing you hang on the porch. I saw something similar for strawberries. Some blackberry bushes might keep the deer busy & away from the 'maters. Closest i could find, should be about the same: http://www.amazon.com/Felknor-Ventures-82506-Upside-Down-Planter/dp/B0001WYNP0/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_img_a

Last edited by orangello; 02-27-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The Wife got me some Blairs Reserve, think she paid $40. Half a tsp in a gallon of chili is awesome. A hair over, you'll be s#!tting blood.
Yea, Blair's is like that. I use 3 drops in my chili after wifey and kid have had their fill. I took some to work for a 'hot pepper lover guy' who said he could eat all hot stuff. He laid out a big bead on some garlic bread and took a full bite....no screams, but the water works started. Another guy tasted a drop, stepped outside and threw the bottle 'bout 50 yards, and then handed me $5.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #18

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Another guy tasted a drop, stepped outside and threw the bottle 'bout 50 yards, and then handed me $5.
Fn funny
After a recomendation like that I'll have to try some.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #19

I dig that Sriracha stuff. It's the clear plastic bottle with a green top and a rooster on it. It's the only way I can get some heat on my food without paying the consequences on the throne.

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware."

-Alan Korwin

Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supar View Post
I dig that Sriracha stuff. It's the clear plastic bottle with a green top and a rooster on it. It's the only way I can get some heat on my food without paying the consequences on the throne.
Hot going in, hot going out.
I love spicey food but my wife doesn't, I usually make 2 batches of chili, his and hers.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer