Hot Chick with AR = unemployment!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hot Chick with AR = unemployment!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Hot Chick with AR = unemployment!

Cop fired after waitress poses with rifle on car
3 other deputies suspended after photo session outside ‘flirty’ Texas eatery

Cop fired after waitress poses with rifle - Criminal weirdness- msnbc.com

MIDLAND, Texas - A Texas sheriff fired one deputy and suspended three others without pay after a scantily dressed waitress holding a rifle posed for photographs on the hood of a patrol vehicle.

Police said Round Rock officers were dispatched to a restaurant after someone reported the waitress with the weapon, which had been given to her by one of the Midland County deputies who had been attending a training session near Austin.

The incident occurred last week in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant, which promotes its "fun, friendly and sometimes flirty atmosphere!"

hc.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

He definately crossed some lines there but I dont know if he should have gotten fired for it. That is certainly not what a cop should be spending his time doing nor is it a great way to represent his department. Nothing shows responsibility like handing your duty weapon to a strip club waitress and taking pictures on your car.

That rifle has a magazine in it....is it loaded? Chambered? Again, really showing responsibilty.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Firing the officer seems a bit much. It was dumb & that probably hit home as soon as the picture became public or even when the other officers showed up for the call.

Retraining, sure; a bit of public humiliation, OK; firing duder, a bit of an over-reaction in my opinion.

edit* If the magazine was loaded, some time working as parking enforcement, perhaps in a similar outfit might be needed. At least they chose a cutey.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

"The deputies told Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter that they had about three to five beers each."

I make it a rule not to mix alcohol and guns. I'm pretty sure most police departments have some rather strong opinions about it as well.

Mistakes were made, I agree, but firing the bloke seems like a bit too much.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I missed the beer part....They all should have been fired. What the heck are they doing in a police car while drinking?!?!? I don't care if they're training out of town or not. That is totally unacceptable in my book. That would be like you owning a business and finding out your employee takes your truck to bars and then drives home. How happy would you be?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Well, at least nobody got tazed.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

I happen to know every local involved in this situation. It was stupid off duty cops, spotted by a stupid off duty cop who called into the stupid on-duty cops supervised by stupid sergeants who stupidly spoke to the stupid local media that they were going to file Class B charges for Disorderly Conduct against the officers.

Fortunately the the prosecutors have some degree of intelligence and noticed the law makes it an offense for a person who "displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to cause alarm"

Behind the store, at night on a police car taking pictures of some skank, er scantilly clad young lass is hardly calculated to cause alarm.

Fired for this? I think he showed incredible stupidity and lack of judgement in doing such a sophomoric thing. I would not want an officer this stupid in my agency.

When we travel out of town in County owned vehicles, it is VERY clear there will be NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES if the car is going to be driven in the next 8 hours. That will get you fired around here.

For those who are not familiar with this business, it is pretty much a Hooters. Same idea. Not a strip joint. Williamson County does not allow topless clubs, at all.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I missed the beer part....They all should have been fired. What the heck are they doing in a police car while drinking?!?!? I don't care if they're training out of town or not. That is totally unacceptable in my book. That would be like you owning a business and finding out your employee takes your truck to bars and then drives home. How happy would you be?
I totally agree. Anything besides being fired is a slap on the wrist. Drunk officers with girls and guns, sounds like they are living the dream and getting paid for it. Not in my book, they should have all been fired, especially for their choice in women. And taking pictures aka making evidence to get caught and put on the web

Old 08-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Well, at least nobody got tazed.
LMAO........Good one! And no gratuitous cavity searches either, I may add, for all the damn trouble resulting from the thing.

Jack..............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

They couldn't find a hotter skank, er waitress, er server than that? Epic fail, imo.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!