Horses - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Horses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I grew up on thoroughbred farms in Lexington, Kentucky.

I preferred to ride old thoroughbreds, we had a Dutch warm blood, a beautiful horse and great jumper. Haven't ridden a horse in 4 years now. I greatly miss it. I used to get home from school, saddle up and get lost on the back roads.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #42

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I had a friend who worked at Calumet Farms after school. He was killed by a blow to the head while holding a horse. He loved the horses to the end.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #43
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man

Sanford, Nc My godfather has been buying hay from the same guy 30 years we call tell him what we need the next day we pick it up he already has a trailer loaded for us... If you pay that much it would make u sick if you seen all the ppl with them painted orange like pumpkins around here
Ya they do the same thing here but it's what we would cow quality.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #44

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
A Cannery is being built near Cheyenne, Wyoming. Yes .it is difficult but letting animals die of starvation in the High Desert eating dried tree stumps is not a something you want to watch. There was a time when a 30-06 could end the misery.
What is different now? Real question. Why can't you help these creatures out now?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #45

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
I had a friend who worked at Calumet Farms after school. He was killed by a blow to the head while holding a horse. He loved the horses to the end.
I know an old manager of calumet who went to prison for embezzling. He is a real piece of **** person.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #46

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Colby, the animal rights people led by "Wild Horse Anne" got Federal Laws passed that protects these animals. This is the Wild Horse and Burro Act. It was well intended but it has caused untold suffering for these animals. You can not kill an animal that is down and suffering under Federal Law.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #47

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Colby, the animal rights people led by "Wild Horse Anne" got Federal Laws passed that protects these animals. This is the Wild Horse and Burro Act. It was well intended but it has caused untold suffering for these animals. You can not kill an animal that is down and suffering under Federal Law.
This is awful stuff. I had no idea. The "do gooders" causing more messes and hurt and, in this case, misery.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #48

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I grew up on thoroughbred farms in Lexington, Kentucky.

I preferred to ride old thoroughbreds, we had a Dutch warm blood, a beautiful horse and great jumper. Haven't ridden a horse in 4 years now. I greatly miss it. I used to get home from school, saddle up and get lost on the back roads.
My daughters Dutch warmblood is a lovely animal, called Zorro. He was bought from Holland as a 3 year old & imported to GB. He loves going out for rides, but his forte is Show Jumping. He loves it! Zorro is by a dressage stallion I believe is known in the states. His name is Future.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #49

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The horse industry really needs the slaughter houses. People get into situations where they can't care for horses. The horse ends up knee deep in mud and starving. The owner just puts the horse on ignore. They can't afford to feed the horse. If I had to make such hard choices the horse would go one way or another.

Things have got to be so expensive. Not to long ago for $25 a week you could feed a horse well enough for race training. Now just the vitamins are $25 a week.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/