Horse meat inspection ban lifter in the u.s.......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Horse meat inspection ban lifter in the u.s.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Horse meat inspection ban lifter in the u.s.......

Horses could soon be butchered in the U.S. for human consumption after Congress quietly lifted a 5-year-old ban on funding horse meat inspections and slaughterhouses could be up and running in as little as a month...I can't see Horse-Meat in my meat dept.of the local food-store..The newspaper said with the bad economy,people will eat horse meat,with the price cheaper then the other meats on the rack...It just can't happen???...CAN-IT???...............Would...YOU...EAT-IT....?????........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #2

My boss worked on a ranch in the 70's and he likes to tell the story of the night one of the guys was massively impressed with the stew the cook had made. The guy asked the cook what cut of meat it was cause he'd just found his new favorite. The cook told him it was the horse they'd had to put down earlier that day lol. My boss said it was dang good meat. Would I eat it? Depends if I knew what it was beforehand.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Up until just a couple years ago, there was a horse processing plant in DeKalb, Illinois. It was the last one in the USA. They sold the meat to Belgium.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My father in law said moose meat tasted a lot like horse. They eat the heck out of it in Canada and Europe. Sure I'd eat it, we eat pigs don't we? How can a horse be less appetizing?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #5

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall
My father in law said moose meat tasted a lot like horse. They eat the heck out of it in Canada and Europe. Sure I'd eat it, we eat pigs don't we? How can a horse be less appetizing?
If the price of hay keeps goin up I will be eating ours, ill let ya know lol

Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
Horses could soon be butchered in the U.S. for human consumption after Congress quietly lifted a 5-year-old ban on funding horse meat inspections and slaughterhouses could be up and running in as little as a month...I can't see Horse-Meat in my meat dept.of the local food-store..The newspaper said with the bad economy,people will eat horse meat,with the price cheaper then the other meats on the rack...It just can't happen???...CAN-IT???...............Would...YOU...EAT-IT....?????........
Nothin like quarter horse tenderloins, tender emmmm emmmm ,good hell people eat mcdonalds so why not horse. Sounds like dinner to me

Old 12-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #7

Liked 374 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 30

There are a lot of feral horses shot here in Australia and a lot end up as pig bait but there is an export market for the meat to Europe and for our feral camels,kangaroo's and pigs there is also a market for them in Europe and Arabia.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1
There are a lot of feral horses shot here in Australia and a lot end up as pig bait but there is an export market for the meat to Europe and for our feral camels,kangaroo's and pigs there is also a market for them in Europe and Arabia.
Food is food if im hungy I eat, dont care if its horse, goat , pig , deer, cat if its good eat it

Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #9

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Horses are good for 2 things Glue and Dog food. Now they might be good for 3 things.

In my eyes horses are worthless. I would eat one in a heat beat.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #10

Liked 735 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
If the price of hay keeps goin up I will be eating ours, ill let ya know lol
HAHA.. same here!! I dont see a problem eating a horse. One year we sent some of ours to France for the same thing...