The Horrors of War - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Horrors of War

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 05:15 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ubergopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,216
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default









More to follow eventually... Those are just all I had uploaded on my Facebook.

Btw, the 4 image rule sucks. Anyway a Mod could merge all of those into one super post or something?
__________________

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory


Last edited by Ubergopher; 06-13-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Ubergopher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, enough of this crap effing up my perfectly good thread.

The point was, the troops are well received by the locals, regardless of what you have been told.

Dynasty isn't out of line, but he isn't experienced enough yet to be in the know as some of the rest of us.

It will be interesting to read his posts after a couple of years in, if he is still around, and see how they have changed....

Everyone was young once.... Thankfully most of us grew out of it with some overseas time.....
My bad bro, I can get a little touchy about somet things....
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dynastyofnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, enough of this crap effing up my perfectly good thread.

The point was, the troops are well received by the locals, regardless of what you have been told.

Dynasty isn't out of line, but he isn't experienced enough yet to be in the know as some of the rest of us.

It will be interesting to read his posts after a couple of years in, if he is still around, and see how they have changed....

Everyone was young once.... Thankfully most of us grew out of it with some overseas time.....

Sorry for messing up your thread, I like all these pics that show the different side to the war. Maybe you guys should start a thread showing what the media doesnt.
__________________
Every day above ground is a beautiful day.
dynastyofnext is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ubergopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,216
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
Sorry for messing up your thread, I like all these pics that show the different side to the war. Maybe you guys should start a thread showing what the media doesnt.
...You mean like this thread?...
__________________

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Ubergopher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dynastyofnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
...You mean like this thread?...
In a way yes. You guys wanted to educate me, so start a thread where I can learn what really goes on over there. What about what a typical day is like. what do you see while you drive through the desert. what you feel when you see these things. What goes down when you encounter hostiles?
__________________
Every day above ground is a beautiful day.
dynastyofnext is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #56
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
In a way yes. You guys wanted to educate me, so start a thread where I can learn what really goes on over there. What about what a typical day is like. what do you see while you drive through the desert. what you feel when you see these things. What goes down when you encounter hostiles?
Nice picture Uber.

dynasty, Your education will start when you hit boot. When are you going? Please let us know how it goes for you through boot and your first deployment.
__________________

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Awesome Pictures Uber - Thanks for posting them.... It's good to see the "real soldiers" at work in the world - not what the media seems to think is a bunch of thugs who are worse than the A-holes they kicked out.

Many Thanks for your selfless service Uber!!

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes