The Horrors of War - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Horrors of War

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 05:15 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

More to follow eventually... Those are just all I had uploaded on my Facebook.

Btw, the 4 image rule sucks. Anyway a Mod could merge all of those into one super post or something?

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Last edited by Ubergopher; 06-13-2009 at 05:20 AM.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, enough of this crap effing up my perfectly good thread.

The point was, the troops are well received by the locals, regardless of what you have been told.

Dynasty isn't out of line, but he isn't experienced enough yet to be in the know as some of the rest of us.

It will be interesting to read his posts after a couple of years in, if he is still around, and see how they have changed....

Everyone was young once.... Thankfully most of us grew out of it with some overseas time.....
My bad bro, I can get a little touchy about somet things....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, enough of this crap effing up my perfectly good thread.

The point was, the troops are well received by the locals, regardless of what you have been told.

Dynasty isn't out of line, but he isn't experienced enough yet to be in the know as some of the rest of us.

It will be interesting to read his posts after a couple of years in, if he is still around, and see how they have changed....

Everyone was young once.... Thankfully most of us grew out of it with some overseas time.....

Sorry for messing up your thread, I like all these pics that show the different side to the war. Maybe you guys should start a thread showing what the media doesnt.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #54

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
Sorry for messing up your thread, I like all these pics that show the different side to the war. Maybe you guys should start a thread showing what the media doesnt.
...You mean like this thread?...

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
...You mean like this thread?...
In a way yes. You guys wanted to educate me, so start a thread where I can learn what really goes on over there. What about what a typical day is like. what do you see while you drive through the desert. what you feel when you see these things. What goes down when you encounter hostiles?

Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #56
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
In a way yes. You guys wanted to educate me, so start a thread where I can learn what really goes on over there. What about what a typical day is like. what do you see while you drive through the desert. what you feel when you see these things. What goes down when you encounter hostiles?
Nice picture Uber.

dynasty, Your education will start when you hit boot. When are you going? Please let us know how it goes for you through boot and your first deployment.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #57

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Awesome Pictures Uber - Thanks for posting them.... It's good to see the "real soldiers" at work in the world - not what the media seems to think is a bunch of thugs who are worse than the A-holes they kicked out.

Many Thanks for your selfless service Uber!!

JD