Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Horrors of War

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^^^ You're Winnie the Pooh aren't you.

That's and AWESOME picture Uber - Thanks for adding it to this thread and sharing.

Thank you for your selfless service to our country!

*much respect*

JD

Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I just hope your not the Red Sox fan in that pic. Clearly that guy is only trying to spread misery throughout the world.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #23

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Tomorrow when I can find the required cables I'll post a few more pictures from an HA drop I went on.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I just hope your not the Red Sox fan in that pic. Clearly that guy is only trying to spread misery throughout the world.

LMAO!! That is a funny ass statement right there. I hate the Red Sox, but the fact that you do, and caught that in the picture, was AWESOME!!

JD

Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #25

I'm surprised theyre not playing football with a cooked grenade lol. Nothing wrong with the kids I jus wouldnt get that close to em dont know what the parents put in their lunch boxes that morning.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
I'm surprised theyre not playing football with a cooked grenade lol. Nothing wrong with the kids I jus wouldnt get that close to em dont know what the parents put in their lunch boxes that morning.
Yeah... How many war movies have you seen vs your time spent in a war zone?

When we were doing that HA drop from the photo I posted, I was helping pull security and this kid came up gesturing for candy, me and the guy I was with had just given out all that we had and we were gesturing for him to go away thinking that was all he wanted. Then I actually took a second to look at him. He was obviously mentally retarded and probably didn't understand what we were saying and then I looked down at his feet, he didn't have any shoes or socks on and his feet were cracked and beat up. At that moment my heart broke a little bit. So I walked him back to where we were giving out the supplies. We then gave shoes and socks. Something he probably hasn't EVER had in his life. They weren't any special shoes, just brown shoes that probably weren't the best fit, but they were better than what he had, especially for that environment. We also loaded him down with enough rice and flour and even some toys, basically enough to feed him and his family for about a month.

Those are the 3 pictures I had of that kid.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1725704&l=a4a88e6628&id=500022987

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1725705&l=f553335af4&id=500022987

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1725706&l=564674c7f5&id=500022987

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
Yeah... How many war movies have you seen vs your time spent in a war zone?

When we were doing that HA drop from the photo I posted, I was helping pull security and this kid came up gesturing for candy, me and the guy I was with had just given out all that we had and we were gesturing for him to go away thinking that was all he wanted. Then I actually took a second to look at him. He was obviously mentally retarded and probably didn't understand what we were saying and then I looked down at his feet, he didn't have any shoes or socks on and his feet were cracked and beat up. At that moment my heart broke a little bit. So I walked him back to where we were giving out the supplies. We then gave shoes and socks. Something he probably hasn't EVER had in his life. They weren't any special shoes, just brown shoes that probably weren't the best fit, but they were better than what he had, especially for that environment. We also loaded him down with enough rice and flour and even some toys, basically enough to feed him and his family for about a month.

Those are the 3 pictures I had of that kid.

Travis D Morrill's Photos | Facebook

I have seen over 20 war movies, how much time I have on the battle field? Well my call of duty4 stats say I have 21 days. You think theyre happy cause youre helping them? They might just be happy that youre giving them what they need to survive. Do you think any of those people would warn you if you were going into a trap(may you never)? I think you did a great thing helping them yea. Like I said I would never get that close to any of them for medical reasons; I like my limbs where they are.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
I have seen over 20 war movies, how much time I have on the battle field? Well my call of duty4 stats say I have 21 days. You think theyre happy cause youre helping them? They might just be happy that youre giving them what they need to survive. Do you think any of those people would warn you if you were going into a trap(may you never)? I think you did a great thing helping them yea. Like I said I would never get that close to any of them for medical reasons; I like my limbs where they are.
If your dumb ass would do research it'd show that there've been cases where local nationals have warned coalition forces of ambushes because we'd taken the time to give them basic medical care and supplies.

Whatever though, go play your Call of Duty and think you have a ****ing clue.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
If your dumb ass would do research it'd show that there've been cases where local nationals have warned coalition forces of ambushes because we'd taken the time to give them basic medical care and supplies.

Whatever though, go play your Call of Duty and think you have a ****ing clue.
I'll be in your shoes come November, and I'll get to do all the research you ask for Professor. I rather be the dumbass I am then a charred hole in the ground. Maybe I dont have a Efen clue of what I speak of, but its my opinion, and unfortuanately your fighting for it, so thank you. Funny thing about bribery is that it can work for either side, so dont confuse their smiling faces with loyalty.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Stop playing video games and read this
Amazon.com: Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10: Marcus Luttrell, Patrick Robinson: Books

Quote:
From The Washington Post
If you're looking for a true story that showcases both American heroism and Afghani humanity, Marcus Luttrell's Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 (Little, Brown, $24.99), written with Patrick Robinson, may be the book for you. In June of 2005, Luttrell led a four-man team of Navy SEALs into the mountains of Afghanistan on a mission to kill a Taliban leader thought to be allied with Osama bin Laden. On foot, the team encountered two adult men and a teenage boy. A debate broke out as to whether the SEALs should summarily execute the trio to keep them from alerting the Taliban. Luttrell himself was called upon to make the decision. He was torn between considerations of morality and his survival instinct, and he points out that "any government that thinks war is somehow fair and subject to rules like a baseball game probably should not get into one. Because nothing's fair in war, and occasionally the wrong people do get killed."

Luttrell opted to spare the Afghanis' lives. About an hour later, the Taliban launched an attack that claimed nearly a hundred of their own men but also the lives of all the SEALs except Luttrell, who was left wounded.

Not long after that, the Taliban shot down an American rescue helicopter, killing all 16 men on board. Luttrell is sure that the three Afghanis he let go turned around and betrayed the SEALs.

But if nothing is fair in war, neither is anything foreordained. Luttrell was found by other Afghanis, one of whom claimed to be his village's doctor. Once again, Luttrell had to rely on his instincts. "There was something about him," Luttrell writes. "By now I'd seen a whole lot of Taliban warriors, and he looked nothing like any of them. There was no arrogance, no hatred in his eyes." Luttrell trusted the man and his colleagues, who took him back to their village, where the law of hospitality -- "strictly nonnegotiable" -- took hold. "They were committed to defend me against the Taliban," Luttrell writes, "until there was no one left alive."

The law held, and Luttrell survived, returned home and received the Navy Cross for combat heroism from President Bush.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson