Horrible nights rest

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Horrible nights rest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 548 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default Horrible nights rest

Well it is official. A bad night of sleep (or lack there of) always strikes when I have something important the next day.

Yesterday I had a late flight and didn't get home until 9 pm and I have to go back in this morning for another flight. Have hours worth of studying to do. And of course I couldn't sleep last night because my house is BURNING UP. I just sweated my @$$ off all night. Not to mention all I could dream about was aerobatic maneuvers and how to do them.

It just sucks because you never know exactly when you wont be able to sleep, but it always seems to be when you have a lot of work the next day.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

danf_fl Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1236 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Hope it gets better for you

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Me too. That's why God made weekends

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #4

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Down chit for lack of sleep.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Down chit for lack of sleep.
HAHA. NO! I just got back up a week ago. I was down due to allergies. That sucked because being out of the cockpit for two weeks put me way behind my peers.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6346 Times on 3173 Posts
Likes Given: 6837

Bless you FA and be friggin careful please! I cant imagine trying to keep a warbird aloft even with enough sleep! I had a hard enough time keeping my HMMVEE from crashing after sustained operations (bastards never game me a driver!!!!). Can you knee drive a jet? Prolly a bad Idea but I think about half of my time behind the wheel my knees were doing 90% of the steering (hands were always busy with a porkchop in one and a M16 in the other!

Old 04-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Bless you FA and be friggin careful please! I cant imagine trying to keep a warbird aloft even with enough sleep! I had a hard enough time keeping my HMMVEE from crashing after sustained operations (bastards never game me a driver!!!!). Can you knee drive a jet? Prolly a bad Idea but I think about half of my time behind the wheel my knees were doing 90% of the steering (hands were always busy with a porkchop in one and a M16 in the other!
That's awesome. Needed a good laugh. And no, it is not a good idea to knee fly a plane. That's what trim is for.... although you can't really rely on that either. I just hope today's flight is better than yesterdays. Weather, clouds, and freakin civilian traffic gave me a huge headache yesterday.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2971 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Wishing you the best!

Glad to hear things are going well in training!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

jsf,

Congrats on your training the F-35-A is a fine aircraft! I am envious!!
Anyway, with all on your mind, it is obvious why on occasion you have trouble getting to sleep and sleeping. And I certainly understand with all the wheels turning up there!
This may sound crazy but there is something I have done for years when I am under stress or have a million things going on in my mind! As you know a lot of time we hash and rehash issues in our mind over and over while going to bed and trying to get to sleep. And sometime wake in the middle of the night working on issues. As I said, this may sound crazy but something I have done for years when this happens to me, is I mentally go back in time when I was a young and imagine myself back in the huge woods I use to roam frequently, leaning against a tree with the breeze blowing in my face and dozing off for a quiet peaceful nap in the woods on those days. As I stated I use to spend days in the woods as a kid just being there investigating God's nature or sometime hunting. I can still imagine myself there today during these times and "feel the wind in my face" and a sense of peace. Believe it or not it works for me most all the time. I guess relating to something that seemed to be wonderful, peaceful, positive and with good memories occupied my mind and allowed me flush out ther rest of the present day issues. It takes some practice and concentration to close out the other issues but it works for me. And I am sure you are skilled at concentration! Maybe you can do the same by finding something or place in your past or present that is special to you and mentaly going there to relax allowing you to sleep.
Good Luck, God Bless and Take Care!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks and I'm not flying the FA35, that's just an aircraft that I have always liked. I will give that suggestion a try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk