Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Horrible nights rest (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/horrible-nights-rest-106422/)

fa35jsf 04-23-2014 09:51 AM

Horrible nights rest

Well it is official. A bad night of sleep (or lack there of) always strikes when I have something important the next day.

Yesterday I had a late flight and didn't get home until 9 pm and I have to go back in this morning for another flight. Have hours worth of studying to do. And of course I couldn't sleep last night because my house is BURNING UP. I just sweated my @$$ off all night. Not to mention all I could dream about was aerobatic maneuvers and how to do them.

It just sucks because you never know exactly when you wont be able to sleep, but it always seems to be when you have a lot of work the next day.

G30USMC 04-23-2014 09:53 AM

Hope it gets better for you

fa35jsf 04-23-2014 09:53 AM

Me too. That's why God made weekends

SSGN_Doc 04-23-2014 10:28 AM

Down chit for lack of sleep.

fa35jsf 04-23-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1564643)
Down chit for lack of sleep.

HAHA. NO! I just got back up a week ago. I was down due to allergies. That sucked because being out of the cockpit for two weeks put me way behind my peers.

WebleyFosbery38 04-23-2014 11:02 AM

Bless you FA and be friggin careful please! I cant imagine trying to keep a warbird aloft even with enough sleep! I had a hard enough time keeping my HMMVEE from crashing after sustained operations (bastards never game me a driver!!!!). Can you knee drive a jet? Prolly a bad Idea but I think about half of my time behind the wheel my knees were doing 90% of the steering (hands were always busy with a porkchop in one and a M16 in the other!

fa35jsf 04-23-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 (Post 1564658)
Bless you FA and be friggin careful please! I cant imagine trying to keep a warbird aloft even with enough sleep! I had a hard enough time keeping my HMMVEE from crashing after sustained operations (bastards never game me a driver!!!!). Can you knee drive a jet? Prolly a bad Idea but I think about half of my time behind the wheel my knees were doing 90% of the steering (hands were always busy with a porkchop in one and a M16 in the other!

That's awesome. Needed a good laugh. And no, it is not a good idea to knee fly a plane. That's what trim is for.... although you can't really rely on that either. I just hope today's flight is better than yesterdays. Weather, clouds, and freakin civilian traffic gave me a huge headache yesterday.

danf_fl 04-23-2014 05:27 PM

Wishing you the best!

Glad to hear things are going well in training!

Sniper03 04-23-2014 06:05 PM

jsf,

Congrats on your training the F-35-A is a fine aircraft! I am envious!!:D
Anyway, with all on your mind, it is obvious why on occasion you have trouble getting to sleep and sleeping. And I certainly understand with all the wheels turning up there!
This may sound crazy but there is something I have done for years when I am under stress or have a million things going on in my mind! As you know a lot of time we hash and rehash issues in our mind over and over while going to bed and trying to get to sleep. And sometime wake in the middle of the night working on issues. As I said, this may sound crazy but something I have done for years when this happens to me, is I mentally go back in time when I was a young and imagine myself back in the huge woods I use to roam frequently, leaning against a tree with the breeze blowing in my face and dozing off for a quiet peaceful nap in the woods on those days. As I stated I use to spend days in the woods as a kid just being there investigating God's nature or sometime hunting. I can still imagine myself there today during these times and "feel the wind in my face" and a sense of peace. Believe it or not it works for me most all the time. I guess relating to something that seemed to be wonderful, peaceful, positive and with good memories occupied my mind and allowed me flush out ther rest of the present day issues. It takes some practice and concentration to close out the other issues but it works for me. And I am sure you are skilled at concentration! Maybe you can do the same by finding something or place in your past or present that is special to you and mentaly going there to relax allowing you to sleep.:)
Good Luck, God Bless and Take Care!

fa35jsf 04-23-2014 07:59 PM

Thanks and I'm not flying the FA35, that's just an aircraft that I have always liked. I will give that suggestion a try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk