Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Homeowners Open Fire With AK-47 On Thieves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was thinking the husband would have the ak but it was the wife!

"It is a sin to be silent when it is your duty to protest."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It did say the thieves shot first and they then returned fire,I bet they didnt do any more thieving that night. Had to go home and clean out their drawers.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

just think the next time they drive past that residence theyll be thinking, get me the hell away from here i would use the ak myself, i would let the little lady have that as i went at them with the handgun.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 02-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

NO BLOOD. Them two need to go to the range more.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
cbw

Definitely more range time needed. If you get that close with a 9MM let along the AK. Unless thy were just sending a message, could have got ticketed for shooting bullet's in the air.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanz View Post
Six point checklist for when you are justified in Shooting a fleeing felon. All 6 must be present, but even then there is no guarantee you wont be charged.

1. Has to involve a heinous felony against a person, ex. murder, attempted murder, arson of occupied buildings, stranger kidnapping, violent sexual assault.
2. Felon must be known to you as the attacker, beyond a reasonable doubt that person is the attacker.
3. You should be identified or readily identifiable as the good guy.
4. The fleeing felon's escape is open ended, where capture is not immediate or immanent.
5. All other means of capture are failed or are no longer possible.
6. The felon's continued freedom presents a clear and present danger to innocent human life.
There is no duty to shoot a fleeing felon. You will not get into trouble if you do not shoot.

Texas is a relatively unique stuation! But even there, I would think twice about do I really want to shoot someone ripping off my car. What if it were some of my son's friends that he gave the keys to? What if it was the neighbor down the street just joyriding and doing stupid teenage pranks? What if a stray bullet goes into a neighbor's house and hits their 5 year old kid?
That is not quite correct. If the Felon is armed and retreating to a position of cover to gain an advantage over you, you may shoot him in the back before he can reach the cover. Make sure your assessment of the situation is the only one heard by the grand jury.

Even though Texas "allows" the use of deadly force to protect property, you are responsible for the destination of all projectiles you send down range. If you harm another (innocent party) THAT shooting can result in criminal charges (Aggravated Assault, Criminally Negligent Homicide, etc)

It is rarely a good idea to shoot at a fleeing Felon in any State.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Another thought entered my mind. Did anyone besides the couple SEE the thieves? How far behind on the payments were they? Any good reason to believe this is not a set up to rid themselves of a car they are upside down on and can no longer afford?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2718 Times on 1594 Posts
Likes Given: 16678

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
My exact thoughts,people,we need to practice,practice,and practice.I don't know how the rest of you feel but I'm pretty confident that I would of hit something within the the second or third round.Even with the adrenaline pumping,I'm sure I would've hit something !!

And here's a toast to this couple,even if there was no blood,I guess it's the thought that counts.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Though you do need to consider that thease two were woken up at 2 in the morning, half naked, and shooting at a moving target WITH adrenalin to sweeten the deal.

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson