Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Homeowner fights back against robbers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/homeowner-fights-back-against-robbers-16242/)

bonras 07-28-2009 10:27 PM

Homeowner fights back against robbers

Police say a Bronx homeowner turns the tables on four would be robbers, leaving one dead and another wounded.
Cops say the men broke into the Bussing Ave. home early tuesday morning. The homeowner was able to wrestle a gun away from one of the men.
Opening fire and killing one and shooting another in the back of the head and chest.

THEY HAVE NOT DECIDED IF THEY WILL CHARGE THE HOMEOWNER!
Only in NY what Bull S..T

wsearfoss 07-28-2009 10:31 PM

Only in the Peoples Republic of New York could someone go to jail for saving their own life.

spittinfire 07-28-2009 11:10 PM

Can you post a link to the article?
I agree it is BS to charge a person with saving their own life. REDICULOUS!!

caniswalensis 07-28-2009 11:17 PM

You guys might want to wait a bit before blowing up. :cool:

"A quarter pound of marijuana and firearms were reportedly recovered in the apartment."

Homeowner shoots intruders, 1 fatally - 7/28/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

ktmboyz 07-28-2009 11:34 PM

That is BS,, I can see him getting charged with possession or something but charged for shooting an intruder would be BU*&sh*t.. A Qp really isn't that much maybe $4-500 bucks and definitely not worth busting someones door down and attempting to take their life

bonras 07-28-2009 11:48 PM

I found the story on WWW.news12.com
It is amazing to me that there would even be a discussion of charging this man. They should give him a medal! And a permit to carry!!!!!!!!!!
LEGALLY!
At least the know he can hit the target.

bonras 07-28-2009 11:55 PM

Typical NEWS, never gives the whole story at one time. We will find out he is a terrorist tomorrow.:)
Drugs and guns dont mix well here in NY. It adds to the sentence. So, if your going to have your drugs, do it without guns!

Shotgun Shooter 07-29-2009 12:04 AM

I too hate NY.
That is ridiculous. Drugs or no drugs, the 4 men broke into the home which was not theirs. Thats a crime, is it not? The drug thing is a different situation.

But who knows? The governor cant see a god damn thing anyway.

S.S.

RL357Mag 07-29-2009 12:12 AM

Being that he used the perps gun to shoot them, he won't be charged. If he had used his own gun he'd be in jail, since the Bronx is a borough of NYC and you cannot have a handgun in NYC unless you are a politician or a celebrity. In fact, you cannot even own a rifle, shotgun, or BB gun in NYC without a permit.

Ubergopher 07-29-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter (Post 136027)
I too hate NY.
That is ridiculous. Drugs or no drugs, the 4 men broke into the home which was not theirs. Thats a crime, is it not? The drug thing is a different situation.

Even so. I'd be willing to venture they broke into his house BECAUSE of the drugs.