Home invadee strikes back - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Home invadee strikes back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn Zhuk…

From reading all you posted you guys have a real problem with screwdrivers… I think you should start a driver to have all screwdrivers outlawed and they must be turned in to the Australian Government to protect the Australian people from screwdriver crime.

I even have the slogan for that:

“Don’t be a victim and get screwed, turn in that deadly screwdriver”

Old 07-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Damn Zhuk…

From reading all you posted you guys have a real problem with screwdrivers… I think you should start a driver to have all screwdrivers outlawed and they must be turned in to the Australian Government to protect the Australian people from screwdriver crime.

I even have the slogan for that:

“Don’t be a victim and get screwed, turn in that deadly screwdriver”

Rofl! good one scubie!

Why stop there though? There's a whole tool chest full of disturbing evil...Personally I think the garden hand-trowel is gravely overlooked in its potential for mass homicides

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
...Personally I think the garden hand-trowel is gravely overlooked in its potential for mass homicides
Ah, the infamous "hand shovel"; that would probably require a permit to carry it concealed, whereas the "long shovel" could probably be open carried without a permit, so long as the carrier remembered to have a half-finished hole around. I find the carbine-length shovel most appealing, but due to its use by various militaries for foxhole digging, it would probably be considered an "assault shovel".

All-in-all, Jail > Dead.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-15-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Ah, the infamous "hand shovel"; that would probably require a permit to carry it concealed, whereas the "long shovel" could probably be open carried without a permit, so long as the carrier remembered to have a half-finished hole around. I find the carbine-length shovel most appealing, but due to its use by various militaries for foxhole digging, it would probably be considered an "assault shovel".

All-in-all, Jail > Dead.

Lmao!

Roger on that, orange. All-black (intrinsically evil), compact and the highly illegal folding stock would designate it most definately as a LEO-Mil only assault shovel.

Although if it was a rubber-coated, welded fixed, deactivated shovel you just may be able to get a 'Prohibited Weapons Category C' licence for it. Providing you are a member of a registered Assault-Shovel Collectors Club (with minimum 6 meetings/year as certified by the Firearms Registry)

You would need to have a min 6mm hardened steel & bolted down safe to avoid those SWAT team visits though

Quote:
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ LOL! folding stock

This reminds me of the hero character The Shoveler from the movie "Mystery Men", funny flic.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #16

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Lmao!

Roger on that, orange. All-black (intrinsically evil), compact and the highly illegal folding stock would designate it most definately as a LEO-Mil only assault shovel.

Although if it was a rubber-coated, welded fixed, deactivated shovel you just may be able to get a 'Prohibited Weapons Category C' licence for it. Providing you are a member of a registered Assault-Shovel Collectors Club (with minimum 6 meetings/year as certified by the Firearms Registry)

You would need to have a min 6mm hardened steel & bolted down safe to avoid those SWAT team visits though
Actually, on one of the episodes of "Deadliest Warrior" the folding shovel was one of the weapons used. I think it was the Green Berets vs Spetznaz episode...

Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

That there is clearly an assault shovel with the serrated blade.

You Aussies are scary folks

Old 07-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #18

Darn zhuk, what is happening to my favorite "foreign country"? Better get those bad boys under control quick!

I'll be in town, (Sydney) next week and I don't think they will honor my Iowa (USA) CC weapons permit. No worries though, I'll still be carrying my assault Pilot Pen, (fine tip).

Sounds like you folks are in the same boat as us. Gotta weed out a few wrong think'in politicians! I'm still a large fan of AUS, don't let them change it too much.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
Darn zhuk, what is happening to my favorite "foreign country"? Better get those bad boys under control quick!

I'll be in town, (Sydney) next week and I don't think they will honor my Iowa (USA) CC weapons permit. No worries though, I'll still be carrying my assault Pilot Pen, (fine tip).

Sounds like you folks are in the same boat as us. Gotta weed out a few wrong think'in politicians! I'm still a large fan of AUS, don't let them change it too much.

Oh man... but sorry I just had to lol @ the thought of trying to argue for CC here Just too funny! no offence I assure you kenhesr, but the very suggestion is pretty hilarious (alas)

Would that it were a matter of a few 'wrong-thinking' pollies though - something a fellow aussie wrote on thefiringline once really sums it up best; its a societal attitude we as the shooting minority are battling against:

Quote:
Australia began as a convict colony isolated halfway around the earth from the courts which sentenced its inmates.

Only the 'authorities' and their servants had firearms, for obvious reasons.

Developing from penal settlements (except S.A.) into an agricultural and then an industrial nation the six colonies later federated into Australia were never seriously threatened with invasion, had no civil war, no range wars and comparitively little trouble from native resistance to settlement.

Aside from a few bushrangers plying their trade there was very little armed conflict, and little need to go about armed for the average subject.

Australia shooters do not generally associate firearms with personal freedom, while a majority of non-shooting Australians have come to fear and loathe guns.

The concept of armed revolution (with the exception of the short-lived Eureka Stockade incident in 1854) is alien to the Australian psyche.

Different history - different culture.

The idea of 'government' being anything other than a benevolent and charitable institution does not have traction in Australia.

But no, Australia's 'gun bans' have not reduced violent crime.

It's always about the criminal - not his tools.

Nearly everything over here is illegal now, crossbows of any size, double edged knives, swords (sharp or dull), bayonettes (<whoa I have 2 shhh lol), stun guns/tazers, laser pointers, fire crackers (especially bangers and sky rockets) DIY orange/potato cannons, nunchucks, chinese throwing stars, butterfly knives, knuckle duster knives, switch blades (flick knives), scuba/snorkling spear guns, blow dart guns, slingshots...tyre irons beside you while driving (instead of being in a toolbox etc). Its a wonder, but you still are allowed to have darts (that you throw at dartboards) Oh and steak knives and most kitchen knives and cleavers outside the home - nyet!

So...I would definately keep that assault Pilot Pen handy at all times though - you never know when some knuckle-dragging crim is going to come at you with a Tactical stapler

*Regardless* of all that, I hope you have a good time here! Wise time to visit before we all go troppo in Summer lol

Quote:

Last edited by zhuk; 07-23-2010 at 04:47 AM.