Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
We've been over & over & over this-
A bussiness can say ya or nay to gun carriers --
If you don't like their gun policy stay away & shop elsewhere
...thats what i was saying.
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
We've been over & over & over this-
A bussiness can say ya or nay to gun carriers --
If you don't like their gun policy stay away & shop elsewhere
Precisely what he had done. Precisely what I will do too. I don't believe he was open-carrying. But bending or reaching so often can reveal the possibility one carrying. I remember once when a local sheriff told the story about an old woman who couldn't reach the top shelve in a local supermarket. She asked a man coming down the aisle would he fetch the item on top. He obliged and did so. She saw as his shirt went up he had a concealed weapon. She immediately went to the manager and told him a man was carrying a gun. The manager then called the police. The man was arrested for not concealing as was the law. So off they went. To reiterate ... Home Depot will not see the likes of me in their stores.
__________________
PanBaccha is offline  
Mosin Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan View Post
I agree with you Hoosfly! On another note: I dont shop at Home Depot. I haven't for years and i dont plan on it anytime soon.
Not a fan either--
Theres a Lowes 2 miles closer to me anyways & they want my bussiness ---gun or no gun
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 377
Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Just to add some balance to this one. I read the full story somewhere else, trying to remember where, and Home Depot corporate actually stated that the Manager was wrong. The Home Depot policy is that if it is legal to carry in the state it is legal in their store.

I also received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"

__________________
davva360 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Precisely what he had done. Precisely what I will do too. I don't believe he was open-carrying. But bending or reaching so often can reveal the possibility one carrying. I remember once when a local sheriff told the story about an old woman who couldn't reach the top shelve in a local supermarket. She asked a man coming down the aisle would he fetch the item on top. He obliged and did so. She saw as his shirt went up he had a concealed weapon. She immediately went to the manager and told him a man was carrying a gun. The manager then called the police. The man was arrested for not concealing as was the law. So off they went. To reiterate ... Home Depot will not see the likes of me in their stores.
Someone shud have slapped the beech --
The best way to say "Fuk you & your rules" is to spend your money elsewhere
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
Mosin Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Just to add some balance to this one. I read the full story somewhere else, trying to remember where, and Home Depot corporate actually stated that the Manager was wrong. The Home Depot policy is that if it is legal to carry in the state it is legal in their store.

I also received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"
And that solves that... I still think HD sucks though
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 377
Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

LOL, I shop at both Lowes and Home Depot and have never had an issue with either. I tend to go to Home Depot more because they are closer to my house.

In this case it seems the manager may have over reacted and was probably in the wrong. Without the whole story its easy to condemn Home Depot but in reality their policy is ok it was just an individual mistake.

__________________
davva360 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Just to add some balance to this one. I read the full story somewhere else, trying to remember where, and Home Depot corporate actually stated that the Manager was wrong. The Home Depot policy is that if it is legal to carry in the state it is legal in their store.

I also received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
And that solves that... I still think HD sucks though
Good to hear-
Don't help the dummy showin his CCW or up the IQ on the even dummier store mgr tho
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PC167's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines,Iowa
Posts: 1,043
Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Default

Facebook is were I heard about it.

__________________

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PC167 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,309
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

I wonder what they wouldve said to me, i open carry a lot in the summer time. Id stop shopping there and cut up my home depot card if i was in his shoes.

__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NC turns red... vincent North Carolina Gun Forum 2 11-07-2012 09:41 PM
Matthews turns on Obama Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 11-21-2011 01:02 PM
The Home Depot Veterans Discount canebrake The Club House 14 07-20-2011 02:51 PM
Heck of a deal at Home Depot today.. yesicarry The Club House 5 11-12-2009 11:28 AM