Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away

Home Depot employee asks a CCW customer quietly shopping with his wife and child to remove himself from premise as they ascertained he is carrying. In my opinion Home Depot should concentrate on sales and hospitality only. Below is the letter he sent to Home Depot afterward:

Dear Home Depot:

Tonight I discovered the Home Depot does not support the 2nd Amendment, and the right to bear arms.

I was shopping with my wife, and 7 year o...ld daughter, picking out paint colors for our new home. We had several items in our cart, and were having our paint shaken when a store associate approached me and asked to speak to me. He asked me to remove my weapon from the store, as Home Depot is a "weapon free zone." I quietly said that I would find another place to shop, and left the store. On my way out the door I checked just to make sure, and sure enough, there was no sign on your door stating no firearms allowed.

I am an Air Force veteran, and possess a valid license to carry a concealed weapon within the state of Iowa. So I left the Home Depot and drove down to my local Mendards store, where they had no problem with my legal carry of a weapon. You can see from the receipt below that you missed out on a fair chunk of money, and this is just the first trip of many as we renovate our newly purchased home. I will also make sure to let everyone I know, that the Home Depot doesn't support the 2nd Amendment, and somehow believes that criminals will follow their "no weapon zone."

home-depot-1.jpg  

Last edited by PanBaccha; 01-30-2013 at 01:58 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

That is one more reason for me to shop at Lowe's rather than home de-pot. Thanks

I don't need No stinking signature.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #3

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Home Depot employee asks a CCW customer quietly shopping with his wife and child to remove himself from premise as they ascertained he is carrying. In my opinion Home Depot should concentrate on sales and hospitality only. Below is the letter he sent to Home Depot afterward:

Dear Home Depot:

Tonight I discovered the Home Depot does not support the 2nd Amendment, and the right to bear arms.

I was shopping with my wife, and 7 year o...ld daughter, picking out paint colors for our new home. We had several items in our cart, and were having our paint shaken when a store associate approached me and asked to speak to me. He asked me to remove my weapon from the store, as Home Depot is a "weapon free zone." I quietly said that I would find another place to shop, and left the store. On my way out the door I checked just to make sure, and sure enough, there was no sign on your door stating no firearms allowed.

I am an Air Force veteran, and possess a valid license to carry a concealed weapon within the state of Iowa. So I left the Home Depot and drove down to my local Mendards store, where they had no problem with my legal carry of a weapon. You can see from the receipt below that you missed out on a fair chunk of money, and this is just the first trip of many as we renovate our newly purchased home. I will also make sure to let everyone I know, that the Home Depot doesn't support the 2nd Amendment, and somehow believes that criminals will follow their "no weapon zone."
He should learn how to conceal & things like that would not be a issue---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #4

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

How did they know you had a [Concealed Weapon]?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #5

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
He should learn how to conceal & things like that would not be a issue---
Was gonna say the same thing...concealed means CONCEALED...

Home Depot can still go piss up a rope...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #6

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Why don't you guys ask him if he was maybe reaching for something. I'm sure you guys have never made a mistake where you reached to high and your shirt comes up over your gun. I forgot every body is perfect on this forum!. The problem isn't if he was carrying OC or CC.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Why don't you guys ask him if he was maybe reaching for something. I'm sure you guys have never made a mistake where you reached to high and your shirt comes up over your gun. I forgot every body is perfect on this forum!. The problem isn't if he was carrying OC or CC.
Yes, it was-
If you can't conceal your CCW properly either don't carry it of learn how-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #8

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Who cares how he was carrying. They can screw themselves, the first thing that pansy manager would do is cry for people with guns to come if they were on trouble.
You're not going to 'shame' me out of my constitutional rights.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Who cares how he was carrying. They can screw themselves, the first thing that pansy manager would do is cry for people with guns to come if they were on trouble.
You're not going to 'shame' me out of my constitutional rights.
We've been over & over & over this-
A bussiness can say ya or nay to gun carriers --
If you don't like their gun policy stay away & shop elsewhere

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #10

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Yes, it was-
If you can't conceal your CCW properly either don't carry it of learn how-
I agree with you Hoosfly! On another note: I dont shop at Home Depot. I haven't for years and i dont plan on it anytime soon.

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E