Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/home-depot-turns-ccw-customer-away-82871/)

PanBaccha 01-30-2013 01:56 PM

Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away
 
1 Attachment(s)
Home Depot employee asks a CCW customer quietly shopping with his wife and child to remove himself from premise as they ascertained he is carrying. In my opinion Home Depot should concentrate on sales and hospitality only. Below is the letter he sent to Home Depot afterward:

Dear Home Depot:

Tonight I discovered the Home Depot does not support the 2nd Amendment, and the right to bear arms.

I was shopping with my wife, and 7 year o...ld daughter, picking out paint colors for our new home. We had several items in our cart, and were having our paint shaken when a store associate approached me and asked to speak to me. He asked me to remove my weapon from the store, as Home Depot is a "weapon free zone." I quietly said that I would find another place to shop, and left the store. On my way out the door I checked just to make sure, and sure enough, there was no sign on your door stating no firearms allowed.

I am an Air Force veteran, and possess a valid license to carry a concealed weapon within the state of Iowa. So I left the Home Depot and drove down to my local Mendards store, where they had no problem with my legal carry of a weapon. You can see from the receipt below that you missed out on a fair chunk of money, and this is just the first trip of many as we renovate our newly purchased home. I will also make sure to let everyone I know, that the Home Depot doesn't support the 2nd Amendment, and somehow believes that criminals will follow their "no weapon zone."

mountainman13 01-30-2013 02:00 PM

That is one more reason for me to shop at Lowe's rather than home de-pot. Thanks

HOSSFLY 01-30-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 1116238)
Home Depot employee asks a CCW customer quietly shopping with his wife and child to remove himself from premise as they ascertained he is carrying. In my opinion Home Depot should concentrate on sales and hospitality only. Below is the letter he sent to Home Depot afterward:

Dear Home Depot:

Tonight I discovered the Home Depot does not support the 2nd Amendment, and the right to bear arms.

I was shopping with my wife, and 7 year o...ld daughter, picking out paint colors for our new home. We had several items in our cart, and were having our paint shaken when a store associate approached me and asked to speak to me. He asked me to remove my weapon from the store, as Home Depot is a "weapon free zone." I quietly said that I would find another place to shop, and left the store. On my way out the door I checked just to make sure, and sure enough, there was no sign on your door stating no firearms allowed.

I am an Air Force veteran, and possess a valid license to carry a concealed weapon within the state of Iowa. So I left the Home Depot and drove down to my local Mendards store, where they had no problem with my legal carry of a weapon. You can see from the receipt below that you missed out on a fair chunk of money, and this is just the first trip of many as we renovate our newly purchased home. I will also make sure to let everyone I know, that the Home Depot doesn't support the 2nd Amendment, and somehow believes that criminals will follow their "no weapon zone."

He should learn how to conceal & things like that would not be a issue---

nitestalker 01-30-2013 02:05 PM

How did they know you had a [Concealed Weapon]?:confused:

vincent 01-30-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1116245)
He should learn how to conceal & things like that would not be a issue---

Was gonna say the same thing...concealed means CONCEALED...

Home Depot can still go piss up a rope...

Fathead00 01-30-2013 02:15 PM

Why don't you guys ask him if he was maybe reaching for something. I'm sure you guys have never made a mistake where you reached to high and your shirt comes up over your gun. I forgot every body is perfect on this forum!;);). The problem isn't if he was carrying OC or CC.

HOSSFLY 01-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 1116253)
Why don't you guys ask him if he was maybe reaching for something. I'm sure you guys have never made a mistake where you reached to high and your shirt comes up over your gun. I forgot every body is perfect on this forum!;);). The problem isn't if he was carrying OC or CC.

Yes, it was-
If you can't conceal your CCW properly either don't carry it of learn how-

Mosin 01-30-2013 02:23 PM

Who cares how he was carrying. They can screw themselves, the first thing that pansy manager would do is cry for people with guns to come if they were on trouble.
You're not going to 'shame' me out of my constitutional rights.

HOSSFLY 01-30-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1116262)
Who cares how he was carrying. They can screw themselves, the first thing that pansy manager would do is cry for people with guns to come if they were on trouble.
You're not going to 'shame' me out of my constitutional rights.

We've been over & over & over this-
A bussiness can say ya or nay to gun carriers --
If you don't like their gun policy stay away & shop elsewhere :confused:

Stillersfan 01-30-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1116257)
Yes, it was-
If you can't conceal your CCW properly either don't carry it of learn how-

I agree with you Hoosfly! On another note: I dont shop at Home Depot. I haven't for years and i dont plan on it anytime soon.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.