Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hog; hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Hog; hunting?

Not really sure which section this would go in since it wasn't really hunting or even firearms related. Maybe I should find a fishing forum to post it on.

Either way, we need a range report on that gig.

And another good reminder to stay safe out there.

Local man in night-time attack by wild boars at San Luis Pass:
A.C. Adams was flounder gigging on the back side of San Luis Pass last week with
his cousin. His cousin had gone to the truck to drink more beer as it was a slow night
of gigging. A.C. was approximately 100 yards from shore when he heard some loud
splashing coming towards him. He said it was very unnerving because it was so dark
outside of the lanterns’ perimeter. All at once two large vicious hogs in approximately
16 inches of water started attacking him. He immediately lashed out with his flounder
gig and started stabbing a hog. As it made a piercing scream in anger and agony, the
second hog cut him in the leg with his tusk while biting him. A.C. screamed for help
toward the bank at his cousin who never responded. A.C. then turned with the gig
stabbing the second hog and the fight was on. One hog knocked him down to his
knees and bit him on the forearm. A.C. told me, “At first I could not believe this was
happening and then I thought these hogs were going to kill me.” He got back up stabbing
at the hogs over and over as they were snapping at him. Finally, one hog went
down and lay in the water squealing. That left him one on one with the larger hog.
The big boar would not give up and the fight lasted for two to three more minutes with
Mr. Adam’s stabbing the hog twenty-five to thirty more times before it went down. He
limped back to the truck and got his pistol. He woke up his drunken cousin who had
passed out in the truck and they waded back out with the intention of finishing off
both hogs. When they got back out there the hogs were dead. They tied ropes to the
hogs and dragged them up to the bank. They got the hogs loaded into the back of the
truck and stopped by the hospital where A.C. Adams received twenty-one stitches in
his left leg, eight stitches in his right leg, six stitches on his forearm and a tetanus
shot. Here is a picture of A.C. Adams with his two hogs that he gigged while floundering
in West Bay.

Last edited by Troy Michalik; 04-19-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #2

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Wonder if he disinherited the cousin?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 1765

Default Floundering Alcoholics

Hog Wash, I hooked a lantern while fishing the other day. My neighbor said he had lost his off the dock the other nite. the damn thing was still lit. My neighbor said he ran out of kerosene and used Jack Daniels for Fuel. To which I drained The Tank and gave him back the lantern. Wills in da Swamp in La. One Shot One Kill..........

Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Huh?..........