HOA suing over sign for Marine Son.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > HOA suing over sign for Marine Son.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default HOA suing over sign for Marine Son.

This is just disgusting and really pisses me off.

HOA's should be outlawed.

Online Dish: Marine's Parents Sued over Sign of Support In Front Yard - KIAH

Oh everyone involved with this should be ashamed of themselves.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #2

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

The world is full of turds.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

This absolutely outrages me that one of my brothers family would have to deal with something so unamerican and cold during a time of loss. HOA has been a pain in my azz before but never did I think a day would come when they went this far. What a slap in the face I am almost as appauled as when that "church" group that protest's military funerals. Funny how the people who abuse the freedom of speach are the same ones who need people like us to protect them because they cant protect themselves.....

Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
The world is full of turds.
This. ^^^

And some of the biggest ones are usually President of HOA's.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #5

Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It is very sad indeed.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 1363 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Don't like HOA's. Don't live in a community that has one.

That's a pretty big sign too. I also don't think any of you would be commenting in their support if Fred Phelps was your neighbor and put up a sign saying "God hates Marines". If their sign/banner is covered under free speech than so would his.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
That's a pretty big sign too. I also don't think any of you would be commenting in their support if Fred Phelps was your neighbor and put up a sign saying "God hates Marines". If their sign/banner is covered under free speech than so would his.
Ah! Good point Yunus.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #8

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Don't like HOA's. Don't live in a community that has one.

Yet the HOA was ok with a sign the same size for 4 years before that. They had a sing the same size that supported the local High School where their son went and play football.

So playing HS Football is ok but fighting for your country is not ok.

ITS BS.

I hate HOA's and my wife and I are on the board of ours. I hate it I shouldn't have to be stickin my nose into others business.

Yunus sometimes it is just not as simple as don't live where one is.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #9

I don't know if I'm going to piss people off by saying it but this could only happen in a country with guaranteed free speech.
Once anything is guaranteed by law you have two issues, the first is that the right to anything covered under that troublesome law is upheld only by law and not by common sense and secondly for all the talk of the absolute nature of the bill of rights, it is in the end just a law and can be countered by your local homeowners assoc. Laws, I.e you have the right to say anything but not on your front lawn on anything over 2x3 feet... the need for which is obvious when you have both legally assured free speech and the above mentioned phelps family types.

Here in australia free speech is a self evident truth, the argument here has always been if we had a bill of rights (something often debated here) it would imply anything not covered isn't a right and more importantly that my free speech is a legal issue, which it isn't, it's a fact. Im coming off sounding like a tea party member and that's the last thing in the world I'd wanna be but when your rights stem from government protection you loose anything not not written down In the big book of law.

I'm sure it's not always the case but can't Americans agree on anything without getting a lawyer involved?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I am not a fan of HOA's and do not live in an HOA-governed area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrenzy View Post
Here in australia free speech is a self evident truth, the argument here has always been if we had a bill of rights (something often debated here) it would imply anything not covered isn't a right and more importantly that my free speech is a legal issue, which it isn't, it's a fact. Im coming off sounding like a tea party member and that's the last thing in the world I'd wanna be but when your rights stem from government protection you loose anything not not written down In the big book of law.

I'm sure it's not always the case but can't Americans agree on anything without getting a lawyer involved?
You misunderstand the Bill of Rights. It sets limits on the government; it doesn't grant rights.