Hitch-Hiker....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hitch-Hiker....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Hitch-Hiker....

Would you pick-up a Hitch-Hiker now-days ???...I picked-up a guy on hwy 44 south-bound,about twenty years ago,his name was Loyde Goldberry and he was from Tomsriver,New-Jersey and he was going to Denver to see his sister,but he came to my sisters for a few days in Arkansas,we rode dirt-bikes and fished,and then I took him to the hwy and he left..Anyway..He came threw St.Louis on his way to his sisters house every few years or so and stopped by and stayed at my mom and dads house a few days and would leave again..He just came to St.Louis this past Feburary with his uncle tom and we went-up in the Arch,and the Cosino's on the river front,and out to eat a few times..My mom and dad stayed in his driveway in a motorhome a few years back with a electric cord out to there motor-home in New-Jersey...Well,We just got a call that Loyde Died a week-ago and I'll miss-him,coming by every few years to stay and say hi...Just wanted to tell my story about someone that I never would think I'd be still talking about twenty years later from pulling-over and saying...GET-IN....Best wishes to his 3 girls and his wife....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5745 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

in wisconsin its illegal to hitch hike. when i see one asking for rides i call 911 give a description and location. im always willing to help hitch hikers get rides!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

I live in the country. When I say country, few years ago, I shot a 6 pointer while I was standing on my DECK.

People unknown to me? Rarely. The guy wearing a hardhat, carrying lunchbox? Maybe. Of course, there is Butch. EVERYONE here knows Butch. Hell, there was a bumper sticker for a while that says "I brake for Butch". Butch lost his license due to blackouts. EVERYONE gives Butch a lift.

My condolences on the loss of a long term friend. There are not a lot of those around.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #4

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Hea..I think it's illegal in Missouri now-days also...He had a big back-pack on back when I picked him-up,So you could tell he was traveling across country..I didn't think much of-it at the time....The T.V.Show..The Hitch-Hiker..was a scary show,and would make you think twice....

Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I have no problem picking up hitch hikers. I don't let the wife when she's alone. I'm a strong believer in common cliche "guns make a polite society". If I didn't cc I probably wouldn't pick up hikers anymore.
Only time I had a bad experience was a couple years ago I had a drunk dude pass out in my back seat. Took me a hour to get him out of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 11-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Due to the area that i live in i would have to deny a ride to a hitch hiker 11 out of 10 time.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #7

I've tried to hitch a ride a few times. Every time I ended up walking all the way there. If I had a concealment licence I would totally pick someone up. I wish someone woulda picked me up. But no gun, no ride. Unless its a lady. In which case I will certainly lend a hand.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #8

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'm generally the hitchhiker. Usually they make it clear that they have a gun, and I usually point out that I have a pretty non threatening knife just to be polite, however once it was my aunt and cousins.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I never pick up hitchhikers, ever. As a woman, I don't think it is a good idea.