history channel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > history channel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Default history channel

as if space aliens building the pyramids wasnt stupid enough the history channel is now claiming that space aliens also told hitler to do it... im just waiting for the episode on the history channel that says bigfoot was behind the success of the TEA party. maybe the yeti wrote the bible.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
as if space aliens building the pyramids wasnt stupid enough the history channel is now claiming that space aliens also told hitler to do it... im just waiting for the episode on the history channel that says bigfoot was behind the success of the TEA party. maybe the yeti wrote the bible.
I've stopped watching the History channel seeing as how all they've got on any more is that reality show s**t. What the Hell does Ax Men have to do with history? Pawn Stars? That's 100% non-history bulls**t. And I really don't see what Ice Road Truckers have to do with history. Swamp people and storage wars are even more mindless reality show bulls**t.

The Learning Channel and Discovery Channel have also gone the way of the stupid so I rarely bother with them, either.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I've stopped watching the History channel seeing as how all they've got on any more is that reality show s**t. What the Hell does Ax Men have to do with history? Pawn Stars? That's 100% non-history bulls**t. And I really don't see what Ice Road Truckers have to do with history. Swamp people and storage wars are even more mindless reality show bulls**t.

The Learning Channel and Discovery Channel have also gone the way of the stupid so I rarely bother with them, either.
I do love me some military channel. Watching it right now.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #4

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts

I love Pawn Stars and American Pickers, but I agree that it's pretty weird to have them on a channel that's supposed to be The History Channel.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I can't stand to watch two homo's go around to horders and buy USELESS CRAP.

Pawn stars is cool and he does get a lot of historical items in.

Ax men well who the hell do you think help build this country? Who was supplying 100% of the wood for building this great nation? How supplied all the wood to build the factories in WWII that build all the stuff to win that war?

Ice Road truckers I have no clue about why it is on there.

As for auction wars that is a cool show you never know what your going to find.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I like Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers, heck I even think the ancient aliens series was interesting... a little out there at times, but interesting.
I do agree that those shows have little or nothing to do with history.
Maybe I just like those two shows because I grew up around logging equipment and big trucks

Old 12-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I can't stand to watch two homo's go around to horders and buy USELESS CRAP.
What are you talking about?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #8

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
What are you talking about?
American pickers.

If them two are not peter puffers my moms a dang horse. OMG I kept waiting for them two to go all broke back mt in some horders barn.

That is the worst show on tv well second worse show on TV. American Choppers is the worst thing on. I still watch it but I wish for both shops to go under so the show will be canceled.

I love how Sr thinks he is the CUTTING EDGE of choppers. he isn't crap when you look that whole chopper scene.

I am a little biased on the Axmen as my grandfather was a logger. He was a big operation back in the 40's and 50's. He owned some of the first chainsaws in Northern CA. Ones that you sat on the ground and watched them cut a log you didn't hold crap because they were too big and all cast iron and steel. Shoot my grandfather could have been the one with the patent on the chain saw chain used on every single saw made today. Just didn't have the money to invest at that time.

Last edited by cpttango30; 12-17-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #9

It never struck me that they were ghey. Oh, well, doesn't matter to me. If I like a show, I like it regardless of their persuasion.

And I've only seen it once....but I liked it.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
American pickers.

If them two are not peter puffers my moms a dang horse. OMG I kept waiting for them two to go all broke back mt in some horders barn.

That is the worst show on tv well second worse show on TV. American Choppers is the worst thing on. I still watch it but I wish for both shops to go under so the show will be canceled.

I love how Sr thinks he is the CUTTING EDGE of choppers. he isn't crap when you look that whole chopper scene.

I am a little biased on the Axmen as my grandfather was a logger. He was a big operation back in the 40's and 50's. He owned some of the first chainsaws in Northern CA. Ones that you sat on the ground and watched them cut a log you didn't hold crap because they were too big and all cast iron and steel. Shoot my grandfather could have been the one with the patent on the chain saw chain used on every single saw made today. Just didn't have the money to invest at that time.
Sure is a lot of gay-bashing coming from a man that wears a tu-tu!