Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hillary on guns: 'My father taught us to shoot'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hillary on guns: 'My father taught us to shoot'

The two candidates are scheduled to debate in Ohio and Texas in the next two weeks.

Clinton told an audience she supported gun rights, two days after a student opened fire on the campus of Northern Illinois University, killing five before turning the gun on himself. Clinton said she believed in getting guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill even as she favored protecting the rights of law abiding gun owners.

"I've gone hunting," she said. "I know you may not believe it, but it's true. My father taught us to shoot."

Clinton told reporters later she had once shot a duck in Arkansas, along with "a lot of tin cans, targets and some skeet."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8US5AK01&show_article=1

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

taught her to shoot prolly hoping she shoot herself, no such luck

Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This would be the same Hillary who was named after the mountain climber Sir Hiilary Edmun, before anybody ever heard of him. Ok, then. Did she happen to shoot him to? http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/hillary/index.htm

Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, it seems to be a permanent condition. A state of untruth.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah my buddy was there and has a little bit of footage of her talking about her feelings on gun control. You could tell it was complete BS.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 02-18-2008, 05:29 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post
Clinton told an audience she supported gun rights, two days after a student opened fire on the campus of Northern Illinois University, killing five before turning the gun on himself. Clinton said she believed in getting guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill even as she favored protecting the rights of law abiding gun owners. "I've gone hunting," she said. "I know you may not believe it, but it's true. My father taught us to shoot." Clinton told reporters later she had once shot a duck in Arkansas, along with "a lot of tin cans, targets and some skeet."
The part about wanting to protect the rights of law abiding gun owners is obviously a blatant lie.

I'm skeptical that she ever shot a duck, but it's possible.

However, I believe her when she says her father taught her to shoot. I also don't doubt that she's done some plinking, target shooting etc. on a few occasions in her younger days.

A lot of people don't realize that Hillary's father was a Goldwater Republican, and she was a "Goldwater Girl" when she was in high school in the 60's. She and her father actively campaigned for Goldwater. However, she made a hard left turn in college, like so many kids of that era.

Regardless of her history, it'll be a cold day in Hades before she gets my vote.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Anyone that believes a word out of her lying mouth is a complete idiot! The fact that she's "my Senator" makes me sick. Main reason I'm leaving NY State is because my supposed representation is this liar, Schumer and McCarthy. What a great bunch. NY is quickly going the way of California and becoming more and more lfet wing. A shame but I'm a minority here by far.

Sorry for the rant but I just dispise this woman so very much.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Rant on, sir, that's part of what this place is for, unless I miss my guess.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:00 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Anyone that believes a word out of her lying mouth is a complete idiot!
I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with, but I don't really appreciate being referred to as a "complete idiot".

Have a nice day.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Anyone that believes a word out of her lying mouth is a complete idiot!
Hillary is a very practical woman; to her, a gun is just a tool for a job. She's NOT like so many other anti-gun legislators. She wants guns out of the hands of citizens because they're easier to subdue when they're unarmed. (Other mindless legislators like Carolyn McCarthy just think guns are "icky". Their intellectual equal is an empty ketchup packet.)

Quote:
The fact that she's "my Senator" makes me sick. Main reason I'm leaving NY State is because my supposed representation is this liar, Schumer and McCarthy. What a great bunch. NY is quickly going the way of California and becoming more and more lfet wing. A shame but I'm a minority here by far.
No one can argue with that.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant but I just dispise this woman so very much.
Knock yourself out and rant all you like.

Unfortunately, it looks like we may lose the State Senate in an upcoming election, making the entire state government controlled by leftists. Too many who lean right have left the state already and the majority of new residents New York is attracting are leftists.