The highlight of my day was... - Page 93
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #921
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 880 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Went to South Haven today. Really cool area for sure.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1402278987.780825.jpg

And had to giggle about the guy in the car that actually stopped for a cop on a bicycle. He's standing in the way but he had flashing blue and red lights on it.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1402279050.456469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-09-2014, 02:18 AM   #922
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Went to South Haven today. Really cool area for sure.

Attachment 145015

And had to giggle about the guy in the car that actually stopped for a cop on a bicycle. He's standing in the way but he had flashing blue and red lights on it.

Attachment 145016

he may outrun the bicycle, but he can't outrun the radio!
racer_x Likes This 
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #923

Liked 880 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
he may outrun the bicycle, but he can't outrun the radio!
"I didn't notice the bicycle behind me." would clear the “knowingly and intentionally” test for me.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2014, 05:22 AM   #924
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Highlight of my day was leaving the courthouse with repressed smiles on my team's faces and my soon-to-be-ex-wife in tears. I do feel bad about that last part, but she really brought it upon herself. It was not my doing. We await the Judge's ruling in days to come. Your prayers, positive thoughts and hopes are much appreciated.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive."
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2014, 05:37 AM   #925
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Hopefully that will help you put it behind you. We will continue to pray for your health to improve.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Hopefully that will help you put it behind you. We will continue to pray for your health to improve.

Prayers are working! My health is improving, but the treatments are taxing me just the same. Overall? I get many, many compliments on how I look so much better since I started getting treatments. The other day I was at my primary care doctor and the office manager (whom I have known for nearly 30 years) said that I look better than I have in at least 5 years and then apologized because she knows I am sick (well duh! She works in my doctor's office!).

Yeah. Its a weird thing. I look better and feel better but I still have a long way to go from here. One analogy I have come up with is that with cancer, you see the patient just before they are diagnosed and they might look ill, but not really badly sick. Then they go through chemotherapy and they look like Hell warmed over, or worse. The treatment beats them down and makes them look worse.

With Lyme disease the treatment there is no real outward sign of disease, and while the treatment is excruciating (to like chemo, thank God, but still really, really harsh) outward signs are still absent. I look better, I think better, but I feel like crap.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #927
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8798 Times on 5253 Posts
Likes Given: 11665

I had a great day. Took my two granddaughters and my daughter's boyfriend's little boy to our town carnival. My daughter went with us, too. The kids had a lot of fun. When I drove my granddaughters to my son's house, I got to visit with my beloved Toby. He remembers me and he's all over me whenever I visit. I love that dog. Toby likes t watch the TV if there are animals on the screen. He's a goofy dog.

Then on my way home from my son's place, I was stopped by a cop in a small town two towns west of me. He stopped me for having my brights on. I forgot to dim them as he passed me. As I was looking for my insurance card and driver's license, I flippped past my FOID card. The cop saw it and asked if I was carrying. I told him I am not licensed to carry. So then we started talking about guns. He does not carry a Glock but had a S&W MP in .40 cal. then we started taking about conceal carry and all the responsibility that goes with conceal carrying. We discussed our various guns. His name was Adam D. and I invited him to come join us on FTF. I gave him my user name. He was a wonderful guy with a good head on his shoulder and seemed to be a kind and caring man. I sure hope he joins us here.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I had a great day. Took my two granddaughters and my daughter's boyfriend's little boy to our town carnival. My daughter went with us, too. The kids had a lot of fun. When I drove my granddaughters to my son's house, I got to visit with my beloved Toby. He remembers me and he's all over me whenever I visit. I love that dog. Toby likes t watch the TV if there are animals on the screen. He's a goofy dog.

Then on my way home from my son's place, I was stopped by a cop in a small town two towns west of me. He stopped me for having my brights on. I forgot to dim them as he passed me. As I was looking for my insurance card and driver's license, I flippped past my FOID card. The cop saw it and asked if I was carrying. I told him I am not licensed to carry. So then we started talking about guns. He does not carry a Glock but had a Springfield XDM, I think. then we started taking about conceal carry and all the responsibility that goes with conceal carrying. We discussed our various guns. His name was Adam D. and I invited him to come join us on FTF. I gave him my user name. He was a wonderful guy with a good head on his shoulder and seemed to be a kind and caring man. I sure hope he joins us here.
So did you skate on the ticket?

Old 06-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #929
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8798 Times on 5253 Posts
Likes Given: 11665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So did you skate on the ticket?

Of course. I get stopped quite often and I think that's due to the time I'm on the road. Most of the bars close at midnight and since I have to be to work at 0030, I get stopped a lot. Again tonight, It was shortly after midnight when I was stopped. I was on my way home from my son's home. I have never had a bad experience with any of these officers and I have never been given a ticket yet, either.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #930
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Cops generally don't write tickets to the ladies who may be digging around in their ribcage for a bullet an hour or two later. It's bad for business.

Newest Threads