The highlight of my day was... - Page 89
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 AM   #881
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Laying in an MRI tube for almost an hour. All that probably just to rule out a tumor as a cause for my recurring tinnitus and vertigo that has been a recurring problem since October.

It was like laying in my rack on the boat. Caught a few 'Zs' in the process.

Should get more info on Thursday when I follow up with the ENT Doc.
fully understand. my own doctor is going to schedule and MRI for me after he gets the results back from my blood work they took today.

for about six months or more i have had bouts of blurred vision, lack of the ability to sometimes focus my eyes, dizziness, and losing my balance. at first i thought it was my blood pressure being too high and they increased my BP medication dosage, but the problem is still happening. sometimes it may last a few minutes to sometimes for several hours. a couple of times it has even lasted for a couple of days.

he wants to test for a chemical imbalance in my thyroid and some other things first. my last MRI was done in 2008 and he thinks we may need a more current one to see if there are any problems.

hang in there Doc. i'm in the same boat with ya!
SSGN_Doc Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #882

Liked 2450 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 559

My BP is good, along with my cholesterol and other labs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be some vestibular disorder that I'll just be stuck dealing with.

It seems bad to hope for a benign tumor, but at least it would give them something they could fix. If it is a vestibular problem the only real option is to let it run its course until I loose enough hearing, that it plateaus. Or they can kill off part of my inner ear to make the dizziness go away. It means choosing to sacrifice some of my hearing intentionally to fix the balance issue.

Doomed to suffer and find out how much hearing I will lose naturally, or choose to kill some off intentionally.

Hmm.

I've been very protective of my hearing. Wear ear protection, don't listen to music too loud with earphones or in the car. Last audiogram a couple years ago was as good as my entrance audiogram after 18 years in the Navy. Now at 20 years its going away without me doing anything differently.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #883
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
My BP is good, along with my cholesterol and other labs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be some vestibular disorder that I'll just be stuck dealing with.

It seems bad to hope for a benign tumor, but at least it would give them something they could fix. If it is a vestibular problem the only real option is to let it run its course until I loose enough hearing, that it plateaus. Or they can kill off part of my inner ear to make the dizziness go away. It means choosing to sacrifice some of my hearing intentionally to fix the balance issue.

Doomed to suffer and find out how much hearing I will lose naturally, or choose to kill some off intentionally.

Hmm.

I've been very protective of my hearing. Wear ear protection, don't listen to music too loud with earphones or in the car. Last audiogram a couple years ago was as good as my entrance audiogram after 18 years in the Navy. Now at 20 years its going away without me doing anything differently.
i understand and sympathise with you.

i had some blood work done about a month ago, but some reason they failed to test for some of the things he wanted to look at to see what may be causing my problems. the previous results in what they did test for were good.

his concerns for maybe doing the MRI were a possible tumor or a some damage from a previous brain injury that may be just now showing up.

i had the last MRI done in 2008 and i can't remember if the scanned my head or not as they were concentrating on my spine and the problems i was having with it. that was when i found i have degenerative disc disease in my back.

so i am hoping he finds something in the blood work.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #884
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1369 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My brother calls midafternoon " lets get together for supper". Time set, mom and dad called and comfirmed. I thought what the heck and called the ex (not my weekend) "are you and A doing any thing tonight?" They weren't. So I got almost 4 unexpected hours with my daughter plus a good meal with mom and dad and my brother and his wife and kid. Pretty good day!!!
People Like This 
Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #885
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8661 Times on 5167 Posts
Likes Given: 11410

After work I had lunch with my youngest son, daughter and granddaughter.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #886
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8130 Times on 4192 Posts
Likes Given: 9338

Best part of the day was spent leaving work....
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 05-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #887
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Yea buddy................

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Best part of the day was spent leaving work....
Ain't nothing more satisfying than seeing the work place in da rear veux mirror...................
People Like This 
Old 05-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #888

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

well mine was about an hour ago. Been clearing a bunch of land. I bought a pair of Irish Setters well http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Irish-Setter-Mens-Vaprtrek-17-Camo-Snake-Boot&i=760292

I wanted a good hunting boot was gana get some Mucks. For the price and this clearing I went the hunting/snake route.

We have killed more snakes this year then ive seen in 10 lol
2 dimond backs
4 black snakes
2 ground rattlers
and 1 cottonmouth that I damn near steped on today I really don't wana test the boots but the way its going its gana happen. 4 of us working 2 in snake boots lol
But that was my high light not testing my boots lol
oh almost forgot got the brightest markings on a copperhead ive ever seen. Fresh scales im sure , he had to leave this earth too.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #889
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8661 Times on 5167 Posts
Likes Given: 11410

Why do you kill the black snakes?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #890

Liked 280 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Why do you kill the black snakes?
I was wondering that too. I always leave them alone if I can. If they're in the way of something I catch and release them back into the woods.
stratrider Likes This 

Newest Threads