The highlight of my day was... - Page 44
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 531 Times on 288 Posts

The highlight of my day today was finding out my stepson has made Petty Officer Third Class !! Very proud of him for keeping his nose to the grind stone in order to advance himself as fast as he is advancing. He has been in the Navy for a year this August, and is on his first deployment in Bahrain, has been there since the middle of this past January.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #432
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Went to physical therapy this morning and most of the talk among the staff was about who was off what days next week for dear season and where they were hunting. Then they started half harassing half encouraging one of the very young girls on the staff who missed a big buck with her bow earlier in the week. She admits to getting too excited and misjudging the range by a lot. It was good to see the old guys treat her like one of them.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #433

Liked 282 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 448

When you can make the newer ones feel comfortable around the older, (More experienced?), folks, male or female you have gotten well on your way to keep the traditions and activism alive.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 11-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #434
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post
When you can make the newer ones feel comfortable around the older, (More experienced?), folks, male or female you have gotten well on your way to keep the traditions and activism alive.
It is hard to hit the right note especially with a very young girl but these guys hit it perfectly, a combination of teasing her about the miss and convincing her she would do better next time, to making her fell welcome in the group. It would have so easy for them to have treated her as "a little girl" and maybe turned her off from hunting forever.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #435
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22083 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

highlight of the day.

the boss giving us an extra $40 cash with our paychecks today as a Thanksgiving holiday bonus.

plus, by working a full day today, i'll be off til Monday. we were given the option yesterday of working today or being off and working Saturday. i opted for today and being off till Monday!

Old 11-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #436
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
highlight of the day.

the boss giving us an extra $40 cash with our paychecks today as a Thanksgiving holiday bonus.

plus, by working a full day today, i'll be off til Monday. we were given the option yesterday of working today or being off and working Saturday. i opted for today and being off till Monday!
I woulda done the same Axxe!

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #437
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Not sure this is a highlight, but between the Dr. yesterday and the therapist today I get to go back to work on the 9th. It will be nice to earn some real money again, but my blood pressure has dropped about 30 points from not having to deal with the a$$holes at work.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #438

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Highlight of my day:

Turning on the TV and seeing Street Outlaws!

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #439
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9017 Times on 5240 Posts
Likes Given: 11898

Highlight of my day? Well, at first it was getting the special fitting that I broke on the new water heater (It blew out on Saturday, I ordered a new $5 part and paid $25 to get it faster. Been without hot water since Saturday). I put the new part in, hooked up the two water lines and went to try it and the damned thing didn't work.

Spent hours trying to find out what was wrong, and calling plumbers, etc. (no help there) and beating my head against a wall- I had called the manufacturer on the East Coast but it was past 5:00 there so I figured that wasn't going to help- but an hour later the repair guy called me back and we spent some time trying to figure it out. He got off the phone while I was checking some stuff out, leaving the number to call. It was when I was doing the stuff he suggested that I found the problem.

I hooked up the water lines reversed!

Damn the stupid ass freaking.....

But my housemate put it in a brighter light. At least I figured it out and we can take showers tonight. Its fixed. Thank God for that.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #440
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8159 Times on 4405 Posts
Likes Given: 17331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

But my housemate put it in a brighter light. At least I figured it out and we can take showers tonight. Its fixed. Thank God for that.
Wise lady.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Vikingdad Likes This