The highlight of my day was... - Page 43
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #421
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

highlight of today at work?

well one of my towable lifts last week had a failure and i had to borrow parts from another to get it going and off the jobsite it was at.

well i priced the parts the other day to repair it and had to run it by the manager before i could order them because of the price of those parts. about $1700 worth of printed circuit boards for the main control box that make the lift work.

got the parts in this morning and pulled the control box off and put the main board in. well i got it back together and mounted and hooked up the control box and it worked! i get to ship the other panel back that i didn't need or use and get them to gredit us about $700 for that circuit board.

the boss is happy, and i'm happy!

Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #422
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3269 Times on 2223 Posts
Likes Given: 708

My Highlight of today was my PT, who is also the Rehab Director at our local Hospital, was actually IMPRESSED with me being able to handle 20 minutes on the Recumbent Stepper and 5 reps of 10 at 80 lbs on the resistance machine....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #423

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The highlight of my day was ordering new gear. I ordered a Safariland 6378 ALS, a QLS kit, a 572 dual mag carrier, and a Galco SB1 belt.

A big thanks goes out to DeltaF for the holster recommendation! After he told me about them, I got to see the 6378 riding on a US Marshall's belt. After listening to Delta and talking to the marshall, I'm sold. My Serpa is going in "that" drawer!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #424
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
My Highlight of today was my PT, who is also the Rehab Director at our local Hospital, was actually IMPRESSED with me being able to handle 20 minutes on the Recumbent Stepper and 5 reps of 10 at 80 lbs on the resistance machine....
Congratulations. Keep at it. Sounds like you're doing well.

Always have clean socks.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Congratulations. Keep at it. Sounds like you're doing well.
Thanks. Trying, But the injury is 30 Years Old,....at this point there is only but so far....but i'm not planning on any 7-minute miles, or (climbing any) 800 ft. cliffs anytime soon....What makes a difference is the PT is sharing Info with My Chiro & my Internist....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #426
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Thanks. Trying, But the injury is 30 Years Old,....at this point there is only but so far....but i'm not planning on any 7-minute miles, or (climbing any) 800 ft. cliffs anytime soon....
In this regard, progress is a good thing. Everytime you notice yourself improving, you should feel accomplished.

Always have clean socks.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #427
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

Highlight of my day? I got my granddaughter off to school this morning. I made her eggs for breakfast and got to spend some time with her. I also had a nice visit with my Dad today. Then Balota and I talked on the phone for a while.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
In this regard, progress is a good thing. Everytime you notice yourself improving, you should feel accomplished.
Yeah,...like both knees hurting( never had a serious knee injury, it was always my ankles) in two different spots! Oh what about my surgically reconstructed ankle? Not 1 bit of pain,...

Old 11-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #429
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The highlight of my day today was touring a couple of the local gun shops here in town, to get a feel for their pricing and inventory.

I went to Academy for the first time. Was shocked at the huge amount of ammo on the shelves. I haven't seen that much ammo in one place since that gun show I went to back in prolly February. Of course they had almost nothing I was actually looking for: 20ga buckshot or slugs; 22LR; 30-30.

I also went to a place called "Field and Streams" or something like that. That seemed like a good store. Unfortunately I couldn't spend a lot of time there since I arrived about a half hour before closing. I'll prolly go back tomorrow though.

The last one I went to is called "Texas Gun Shop." But they don't sell firearms. Only ammo, accessories, reloading stuff, and the like. I bought some Blazer 9mm, some defensive 9mm, some 30-30, and some defensive slugs for 20ga. I paid $15 for the box of Blazer. A little high for pre-panic prices but its the cheapest I've seen any 9mm in over a year.

All things considered, it was a mostly successful recon mission.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #430
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

The highlight of my day was when things finally slowed down enough for me to go home. Now I get to wake up in 4 hours and do it all over again. Fricking hoorah.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"