Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
partner, then you are doing a great job and seem to understand how to head her in the right direction a little at a time. and i agree, too much too fast can turn her off and ruin al that you have invested in getting her use to being around and shooting guns. IMO, i think what you are doing is wonderful and fantastic.
The best part about this whole ordeal is she is quite bummed that colder temps and less daylight is quickly approaching. Little does she know, one of the places I purchase firearms and ammo from is building an indoor range that is schedules to be open at the end of the month! I'm planning on purchasing a membership (if they offer one) or a gift card to use towards range time for us.
I just purchased an airsoft rifle for my daughter for an early Christmas present (that I will probably give to her early) we can set up some boxes in the garage for her to practice with then I think if the time is right I will give her my 10/22 I was given when I was about 14. I am a strong believer that firearm safety starts at home. You can continue your education as time continues on, but I believe the media (movies, news) has no place in trying to teach Americas youth about safety of firearms or anything else for that matter.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #312
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7329 Times on 4248 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Quote:
Originally Posted by aender77 View Post
The best part about this whole ordeal is she is quite bummed that colder temps and less daylight is quickly approaching. Little does she know, one of the places I purchase firearms and ammo from is building an indoor range that is schedules to be open at the end of the month! I'm planning on purchasing a membership (if they offer one) or a gift card to use towards range time for us.
I just purchased an airsoft rifle for my daughter for an early Christmas present (that I will probably give to her early) we can set up some boxes in the garage for her to practice with then I think if the time is right I will give her my 10/22 I was given when I was about 14. I am a strong believer that firearm safety starts at home. You can continue your education as time continues on, but I believe the media (movies, news) has no place in trying to teach Americas youth about safety of firearms or anything else for that matter.
If I may, I would recommend that you start working on firearms safety with your daughter now (if you haven't already). I taught my boys to use all guns (both toys and real ones) as though they were all real. They have never, to date, shot another person with a paintball or airsoft or any other gun because of their training. I think that's a good thing. On the other hand they have been hunting, killed deer, and been to the range for many years, generally long before any of their friends got to do if they ever have.

Stay safe and be kind with your ladies! They will never regret the time you introduced them to the hobby.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #313

I have been working with the little one since she was about 4, she has a couple of nerf guns that she shoots in the basement at targets only when The grown ups are around to help her as needed. She knows that they are not toys and should never be pointed at anything unless you intend to kill it. She has asked me on multiple occasions about my handguns and why I have them. I have explained to her they are for protecting us against BG if that need ever arises. I have also explained to her that it is an absolute last resort. She has shown a lot of interest in firearms in the last year, she waits for me to get home from hunting or the range to help clean the firearms. And let me tell you, for a 6 yo she is very precise on every nook an cranny being cleaned, she will even look them over and let me know if I missed a spot! Lol. They both are a treasure to work with and I wouldn't change it for the world. And like I stated before the safety started at home, with me who has been around firearms my entire life. I'm not saying I know it all, because that is far from true. But I do continue training at different classes and pass that training on to my family

Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #314
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7329 Times on 4248 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Quote:
I have been working with the little one since she was about 4, she has a couple of nerf guns that she shoots in the basement at targets only when The grown ups are around to help her as needed. She knows that they are not toys and should never be pointed at anything unless you intend to kill it. She has asked me on multiple occasions about my handguns and why I have them. I have explained to her they are for protecting us against BG if that need ever arises. I have also explained to her that it is an absolute last resort. She has shown a lot of interest in firearms in the last year, she waits for me to get home from hunting or the range to help clean the firearms. And let me tell you, for a 6 yo she is very precise on every nook an cranny being cleaned, she will even look them over and let me know if I missed a spot! Lol. They both are a treasure to work with and I wouldn't change it for the world. And like I stated before the safety started at home, with me who has been around firearms my entire life. I'm not saying I know it all, because that is far from true. But I do continue training at different classes and pass that training on to my family
Awesome! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Good on you!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #315
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16822 Times on 9747 Posts
Likes Given: 43875

Quote:
i have to agree with Vikingdad, that is awesome!

you sound like a great father and a good husband for handling firearms with your wife and daughter the way you are. you are setting a good example of what a responsible gun owner is like. you have my respect sir!

and BTW, welcome to the forum and glad you joined us here!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #316

Thank you both for your kind words! I am very happy I found this site for general knowledge and chats on everyday things from firearm use to accessories, not to mention items for sale (trust me if I had a deep pocket book, there a lot of items I wouldn't mind having on this site)
There are a lot of people out there who think I am "paranoid" or who won't let their children spend time at our place with our daughter because of firearms. I try to explain that there is never a reason that they should feel "unsafe" having their children in my home as I always am aware of others whereabouts and my surroundings. I have been burglarized before and I also have never fired a single round in any direction that I was unsure of. When I got broken into, all it took was the action of the firearm loading to have the assailant peeing himself (literally) (he was charged with b&e and $500 for damages done to the door and carpet where he laid in his own urine...lol) begging for me to call the law... I wish all criminals were like that but unfortunately they aren't. The best part of this site is we are our own individuals and aren't judged because of our opinions (as far as I have seen so far) that's the biggest reason I left facistbook... Too many political police that are against our constitutional rights as Americans that so many before us fought for and so many are still fighting for today!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #317
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thank you both for your kind words! I am very happy I found this site for general knowledge and chats on everyday things from firearm use to accessories, not to mention items for sale (trust me if I had a deep pocket book, there a lot of items I wouldn't mind having on this site)
There are a lot of people out there who think I am "paranoid" or who won't let their children spend time at our place with our daughter because of firearms. I try to explain that there is never a reason that they should feel "unsafe" having their children in my home as I always am aware of others whereabouts and my surroundings. I have been burglarized before and I also have never fired a single round in any direction that I was unsure of. When I got broken into, all it took was the action of the firearm loading to have the assailant peeing himself (literally) (he was charged with b&e and $500 for damages done to the door and carpet where he laid in his own urine...lol) begging for me to call the law... I wish all criminals were like that but unfortunately they aren't. The best part of this site is we are our own individuals and aren't judged because of our opinions (as far as I have seen so far) that's the biggest reason I left facistbook... Too many political police that are against our constitutional rights as Americans that so many before us fought for and so many are still fighting for today!
well said! glad you decided to join our merry band of misfits! glad to have you aboard. if you get a chance stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello to everyone.

again, glad to have you aboard. another small suggestion, maybe see if your wife would like to join us here. there are several husbands and wives that are members here, plus quite a few women here that are shooters. she might like to discuss guns and shooting with a another woman rather than a man at times. might bring her comfort level of guns up a notch or two.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #318
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Looks like My wife Might be here soon As well...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #319
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 355 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 119

A great day at the range. Doesn't get much better than that.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #320
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Looks like My wife Might be here soon As well...
cool! we will be glad to welcome her aboard!

Newest Threads