The highlight of my day was... - Page 31
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The highlight of my day was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #301
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
I adore more modern praise and worship. I love Casting Crowns, StellarKart, and Kutless. My absolute favorites are Better is One Day and Strong Tower.
Back when I was serious about my music, I met all 3 of those bands. (And a lot of others too.) I've also had lunch with Toby Mac (from DC talk) jammed with Darrel Evans, and even opened shows for Fireflight and a couple of other pretty big Christian bands that I can't remember right now. The coolest guy I met by far was Toby Mac. The biggest jerks were Kutless. They didn't even want to shake my hand... Fricking retards.

I just never could get with the right people at the right time.

I think the highlight of all that madness was Dawn and Glenn and maybe 1 other band member (Dawns the lead vocal and Glenn is the guitarist from Fireflight) coming out early and going out in the mosh pit to rock out with the crowd when we opened for them. They both said we did really good. I've never seen them do that at any of their other shows, so I guess they meant it.

Had a lot of music dreams when I was younger. And of course everybody always says they like your stuff and gets your information and says they want to set something up. And then never does. Maybe one day I'll get lucky. For now, I just play for my church and every now and then I'll write a song or play a festival somewhere. But I've pretty much given up. Half my life's over with now and I've done nothing but hold down a job as a LEO and play music in a few shows and in a few churches. Kinda disappointed to be honest.

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-04-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #302
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

Back when I was serious about my music, I met all 3 of those bands. I've also had lunch with Toby Mac (from DC talk) jammed with Darrel Evans, and even opened shows for Fireflight and a couple of other pretty big Christian bands that I can't remember right now.

I think the highlight of all that madness was Dawn and Glenn (Dawns the lead vocal and Glenn is the guitarist from Fireflight) coming out early to rock out with the crowd when we opened for them. They both said we did really good. I've never seen them do that at any of their other shows, so I guess they meant it.

Had a lot of music dreams when I was younger. Maybe one day I'll get lucky.
I was a Sunday school teacher for little ones before I was married, I hope to be a youth group leader some day in the relatively near future. So maybe someday I'll be able to take my youth group to see you rock out. I used to love Winterfest and whatnot just because it exposed us to a variety of relevant praise and worship.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #303
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
I was a Sunday school teacher for little ones before I was married, I hope to be a youth group leader some day in the relatively near future. So maybe someday I'll be able to take my youth group to see you rock out. I used to love Winterfest and whatnot just because it exposed us to a variety of relevant praise and worship.
Well I promise if that lucky day ever comes, it will definitely make the highlights thread. LOL! And there won't be any need for anonymity anymore either. I'll be singing "you can take this job and shove it" to my spectacularly @ге!!sholish shift LT.

But like I said I've pretty much hung my hat up on those dreams a long time ago. Like when I took the full time LEO job. I always did stuff part time or volunteer before then. But when you get a family and paying bills is the priority... Some dreams have to die.

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #304
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1451 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Weekend full of highlights. Swap meet and pizza with some friends I rarely see on Saturday. Breakfast and gun show with one of my best friends Sunday then supper with my brother and his family Sunday night. The only thing missing was my daughter, next weekend will be good too.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #305
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:

Back when I was serious about my music, I met all 3 of those bands. (And a lot of others too.) I've also had lunch with Toby Mac (from DC talk) jammed with Darrel Evans, and even opened shows for Fireflight and a couple of other pretty big Christian bands that I can't remember right now. The coolest guy I met by far was Toby Mac. The biggest jerks were Kutless. They didn't even want to shake my hand... Fricking retards.

I think the highlight of all that madness was Dawn and Glenn and maybe 1 other band member (Dawns the lead vocal and Glenn is the guitarist from Fireflight) coming out early and going out in the mosh pit to rock out with the crowd when we opened for them. They both said we did really good. I've never seen them do that at any of their other shows, so I guess they meant it.

Had a lot of music dreams when I was younger. And of course everybody always says they like your stuff and gets your information and says they want to set something up. And then never does. Maybe one day I'll get lucky. For now, I just play for my church and every now and then I'll write a song or play a festival somewhere. But I've pretty much given up. Half my life's over with now and I've done nothing but hold down a job as a LEO and play music in a few shows and in a few churches. Kinda disappointed to be honest.
I think my favorite Christian bands were red and thousand foot krutch. I've met them all and they are all pretty nice. Trevor is awesome he can just randomly talk and came up to shake my hand. You can tell when a band is truly thankful of their fans.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #306
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper
I think my favorite Christian bands were red and thousand foot krutch. I've met them all and they are all pretty nice. Trevor is awesome he can just randomly talk and came up to shake my hand. You can tell when a band is truly thankful of their fans.
Most of them are like that. That's part of why I was so surprised when Jon from Kutless was such a douchecanoe. I'd give him/them the benefit of the doubt of maybe having a bad day or something but I coordinated security for one of their shows a year ago and they were acting the same way at their signing table as they did backstage all those years ago.

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #307
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:

Most of them are like that. That's part of why I was so surprised when Jon from Kutless was such a douchecanoe.
I used to like them but I don't care for their music anymore...

Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #308
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Back when I was serious about my music, I met all 3 of those bands. (And a lot of others too.) I've also had lunch with Toby Mac (from DC talk) jammed with Darrel Evans, and even opened shows for Fireflight and a couple of other pretty big Christian bands that I can't remember right now. The coolest guy I met by far was Toby Mac. The biggest jerks were Kutless. They didn't even want to shake my hand... Fricking retards. I just never could get with the right people at the right time. I think the highlight of all that madness was Dawn and Glenn and maybe 1 other band member (Dawns the lead vocal and Glenn is the guitarist from Fireflight) coming out early and going out in the mosh pit to rock out with the crowd when we opened for them. They both said we did really good. I've never seen them do that at any of their other shows, so I guess they meant it. Had a lot of music dreams when I was younger. And of course everybody always says they like your stuff and gets your information and says they want to set something up. And then never does. Maybe one day I'll get lucky. For now, I just play for my church and every now and then I'll write a song or play a festival somewhere. But I've pretty much given up. Half my life's over with now and I've done nothing but hold down a job as a LEO and play music in a few shows and in a few churches. Kinda disappointed to be honest.
I know whereof you Speak. I spent YEARS trying to break into the music biz. Decided about 2000 or so that Even In the Jazz Fusion & Prog. Rock arena that 40 is "past your time" to get a deal. I've sat in with folks,...even guested on a few Albums in different areas. All that Education for nuttin!!(at least Musically)...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #309
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Christian rock music? I can remember many, many years ago going to see Stryper and their Yellow & Black Attack. It was interesting, not really my thing, but interesting. Christian Glam Metal, yep interesting.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #310
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper
I used to like them but I don't care for their music anymore...
Yeah they sound like Michael W Smith wannabes to me now.

Newest Threads