High winds

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > High winds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default High winds

Did anyone else get hit with the damaging windstorm on Sunday afternoon? I live in Indiana and we got a lot of down tree limbs as well as up-rooted trees. Kentucky has declared state of emergency in some parts with Kentucky National Guard deployed. We had 85 MPH winds, thought my F-150 was gonna turn over in the yard. I got blown off the road twice in the truck.

I was just wondering how much of the country got high winds off 'IKE' or was it just in this area.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

We had some wind Sunday night, but nothing as bad as you describe. Lots of branches and some trees down. About 6000 people lost power.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Did anyone else get hit with the damaging windstorm on Sunday afternoon? I live in Indiana and we got a lot of down tree limbs as well as up-rooted trees. Kentucky has declared state of emergency in some parts with Kentucky National Guard deployed. We had 85 MPH winds, thought my F-150 was gonna turn over in the yard. I got blown off the road twice in the truck.

I was just wondering how much of the country got high winds off 'IKE' or was it just in this area.
You should have been here when Ike hit landfall as a CAT 2.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #4

Default wind

I live in Michigan. Saturday it was 70 and 3 inches of rain. 4 F-O tornadoes hit the Klamazoo area mostly west. Kind of a surprise. Some damage to business. My brother is waiting to go to Houston as he works for a company that distributes power line goods and meters to electric co-ops.
Bob

Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwatch View Post
I live in Michigan. Saturday it was 70 and 3 inches of rain. 4 F-O tornadoes hit the Klamazoo area mostly west. Kind of a surprise. Some damage to business. My brother is waiting to go to Houston as he works for a company that distributes power line goods and meters to electric co-ops.
Bob
He will be VERY BUSY down there!