Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > High School Teaching as a Profession ?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,201
Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I'm surprised I haven't asked everyone to stop the stupid ridiculous discussion. I hate it when my threads divulge into nothingness. This has simply been petty back and forth with really no clear argument that I can see.

Some people have a natural prejudice against teachers. Others do against military, LE, what have you. I got it. I understand.

That doesn't change my view that a good teacher, just like a good nurse, can dramatically impact the lives of those they are teaching, or nursing.

I couldn't give a flying eff how teachers get paid, whether its for a full twelve months or for nine just spread out over 12. Its just semantics, in my mind.

Seriously people, only about two or three of you had anything remotely helpful to say about the profession of teaching, and one of the guys who was moderately helpful is a self-professed socialist. Some of you should be ashamed.

Anyway. For those of you who had constructive things to say, I thank you. For those of you who have just been quibbling over nothing, please take it to PM or a new thread.

Thank you.
i do apologize that your thread drifted....but if you pay attention it happens to about 80% of all the threads posted here. just like a natural conversation can flow and ebb and shift until the subject has been changed many times over. this isn't just internet nature, this is human nature.

if you would also please recognize that i directly answered the original questions you asked, so i don't think i deserve to be barked at because i engaged another debate within the thread. some posters made some untrue statements i felt obligated to correct. and much of the rest was just good natured jabbing...which i think cindy picked up on overall.

you're a smart guy and i respect your postings here. i think you'll make a great teacher if you dedicate yourself (you've already got the lecturing thing down ). good luck, if you have further questions, i have friends i can ask most anything about teaching.

have a good night
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
rn-cindy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,637
Liked 3594 Times on 2237 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
i do apologize that your thread drifted....but if you pay attention it happens to about 80% of all the threads posted here. just like a natural conversation can flow and ebb and shift until the subject has been changed many times over. this isn't just internet nature, this is human nature. if you would also please recognize that i directly answered the original questions you asked, so i don't think i deserve to be barked at because i engaged another debate within the thread. some posters made some untrue statements i felt obligated to correct. and much of the rest was just good natured jabbing...which i think cindy picked up on overall. you're a smart guy and i respect your postings here. i think you'll make a great teacher if you dedicate yourself (you've already got the lecturing thing down ). good luck, if you have further questions, i have friends i can ask most anything about teaching. have a good night
Thanks Hawk. I know most of the threads drift and a lot of them end in pointless dribble, and get closed before they probably should because grown a*s men and women can't act like grown a*s men and women.

I realize you answered in questions in the beginning. And I thank you for that.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
hawkguy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 AM   #93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,201
Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
LOL...I'm really surprised this thread hasn't been nuked yet.....mods must be getting a kick out of it.........
hey cindy.....no hard feelings....you know the nurses stuff was just picking on you a bit....

i love nurses.....every year my doc is like "its time for your prostate exam" and i'm like...."ok but i pick THAT nurse!" and my wife's nurse halloween costume is an all-time favorite!

i'm glad you love you're job and spend your life helping those that need it. and unlike nitestalker, i'm certain your frontal lobe is fully functioning.....

ps.....i am so sick of overpaid teachers and their paid summers off....what a bunch of tax sucking overpaid useless liberals. i was only arguing with y'all cause i'm a jerk, and its what i do.
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,201
Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Thanks Hawk. I know most of the threads drift and a lot of them end in pointless dribble, and get closed before they probably should because grown a*s men and women can't act like grown a*s men and women.

I realize you answered in questions in the beginning. And I thank you for that.
i'm only here to increase my post count, bro....
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rn-cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Working off the rent...on RGs farm S/W OhiO
Posts: 545
Liked 427 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
hey cindy.....no hard feelings....you know the nurses stuff was just picking on you a bit....

i love nurses.....every year my doc is like "its time for your prostate exam" and i'm like...."ok but i pick THAT nurse!" and my wife's nurse halloween costume is an all-time favorite!

i'm glad you love you're job and spend your life helping those that need it. and unlike nitestalker, i'm certain your frontal lobe is fully functioning.....

ps.....i am so sick of overpaid teachers and their paid summers off....what a bunch of tax sucking overpaid useless liberals. i was only arguing with y'all cause i'm a jerk, and its what i do.
LOL.....You would make for a good lawyer...Fun to get in a good dust up once in a while..........
__________________

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

rn-cindy is offline  
hawkguy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio High School Shooting G30USMC The Club House 26 12-31-2012 08:34 PM
High School --- 1957 Vs 2011 IGETEVEN The Club House 30 06-22-2011 12:48 AM
High school pranks....... LONGHAIR The Club House 13 04-20-2011 12:33 AM
High School G.P.A. and classes taken skullcrusher The Club House 32 08-22-2009 03:59 AM



Newest Threads