High School Shop Class Horror - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > High School Shop Class Horror

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1987 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 1081

While no legends or such, I had a Jr. High shop teacher in Mass. who had an agreement with all the local car dealers. One day each week he would bring in a car. And he brought in some beauties! GTO's, Mustang GT's, Javelin, Austin Healy, MG, just about any muscle/sports car he could lay his hands on.
Of course he would always smoke the tires just for show.
One time he managed to bring in a new Kenworth cab.
Good times, good times.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

We had a line of electrical outlets down one wall.

Fashion would get you killed.

One of the legends was a kid had a trucker's wallet, keys hanging off the chain. He turned, the keys made their way into the outlet, fried on the spot.

Shop was a chamber of horrors.....

Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

a kid in my metal shop class was trying to hold down some sheet metal in the sheer and got too close. He hit the foot pedal and lost every finger but his thumbs.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

We didn't have shop at the lil high school i attended. I had a high school job that involved lots of fun tools like a radial arm saw, table saw, drill press, metal and plastic-cutting shears (non-powered), and automated and manual engraving machines. It was interesting, since my dad was an office worker, my home education of tool usage was limited. We had a few accidents at work: the chick who trained me cut off most of the finger tips on one hand using the plastic shear, i ended up with 5 stitches on my thumb from a scraper (finished the order before going to the ER), and a guy i worked with split his thumb on a table saw. I was really glad dude didn't pass out, as i wouldn't have been able to even drag him easily. Strangely, nobody was ever seriously injured playing darts with the spearguns (boss was a frequently absent scuba freak). That was a great high school job [sigh]. I can only imagine the carnage if that job had been fully staffed with high school kids.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Got a great one. Took a metal shop class in 8th grade. Teacher was this old, grisled guy who probably never graduated but knew everything there was to know about metal work and welding and etc. Good guy.

Well, one day there were several of us inbetween projects, because you can only submit SO many welds for grading, and started innocently playing with the air nozzle.

First it was a pen cap, the blue kind from the Bic pens, and we were shooting them across the table. Then we put the cap ON the nozzle and were shooting it into the air.

Then some future weapons guy ( ) got the idea to pull the ink part with the clear plastic straw out and insert that end INTO the nozzle, up to the hilt with the pen end capping off the nozzle. Hit the button and the damn thing took off like a missile and hit the roof like a blow-dart.

Well, that went on for about 10 minutes until the teacher noticed what we were doing and came UNGLUED! Came over and dressed us down about all the shop hazards that could happen with an air hose and projectiles. Went on at level 14 pissed for about 8 minutes and finished with this story.

One wise acre was messing around with his buddy and walked up behind him and hit him in the butt with the air nozzle. Apparently the air nozzle hit him JUST right and injected air, backwards, into his lower GI and blew it up like an inner tube, perforated it and the kid ended up dying.

Needless to say, we didn't play with the air hose any more that year....