Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > High School --- 1957 Vs 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
You should know that by today's standards none of us was supposed to ever make it.
HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2011

Scenario 1:

Scenario 9:

Film projector stops functioning during class. Student Chris takes out pocket knife (with cub scout logo on it) opens up the screwdriver blade and hands it to the teacher.

1977: Teacher uses the tool and hands it back to Chris who closes it and puts it back in his pocket.

2011: Chris is suspended from school for a period of time for bringing a weapon to school.

-Chris

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #12

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

That's how it should be....One smart girl......I don't know why they decided to not teach our younger kids how to wright their own names in all forms.....It's all Computers now days...

Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
Is this written in jest?
Ha. That's what I thought....

Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #14

Just saying...I would think every-one needs to know how to Wright in Coercive Writing...To sign a contract in the Future.....Maybe not...an X will do.......

Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Ahhh!

Must resist urge...

Can't do it...

write not "wright"

cursive not "coersive"

There, I feel better now.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #16

Liked 944 Times on 692 Posts
Likes Given: 510

Billy tells his mom to shut up

1957 : Billy gets beatin by dad until amost dead and Billy learns to respect his elders

2011 : billy tells his parents to Eff off , They do it

1957 : music was great , kid making kids was rare , and you could smoke at school , drug store , resturant , hospital , any where
2011 : Music no longer exist , kids are encouraged to have sex before getting married , You can not longer smoke in public parks or walking down the street or while drinking a cold beer at applebees .

I was born in 82 but i feel that was too late , I drive old cars , i shoot old guns , I listen to old music and its yes mam and yes sir to everyone my age or older . I got my ass whipped and went to church and got my ass whipped at church . When I see a veteran I try to make conversation and try to get a good war story from him b/c God knows his grandkids dont care these days. My boy and girl WILL be respectfull of others and elders . Like Aron Lewis said

''I NEVER NEED THE GOVERMENT TO HOLD MY HAND''
I need to stop before I get too riled up

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #17

I know I need to go back to school for my spelling!!!.....I just get going so fast and I don't check..Spell-Check.....

Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I hate that these 2011 scenarios are accurate.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
2011 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.
As a parent with 2 childern with ADD where is all this extra money you speak about?

I have seen none of it. My kids don't get any slack in school or at home because of it.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #20

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Steven fails a test exam. He takes it hard and is found crying and emotional by his teacher, Mary. Mary talks to him, reassures him, and pats him on the shoulders to comfort him.

1957 – In a short time, Steven feels better and is confidant and determined to do better on the next exam in the future.

2011 - This would never happen as there are no grades given out anymore. Grades are not fair. It makes the stupid kids feel more stupid and the smart kids feel bad because they are smarter than the stupid kid. So all grades are abolished and we now give a simile or a gold star. This way no one feels bad about them self.